Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well...some mouth breather ran into my RS6. Could use some advice.

Well...some mouth breather ran into my RS6. Could use some advice.

Like the title says I was involved in a low speed accident (commercial van ran into me) the other day that damaged the front right quarter panel. Insurance is covering it but I'd still like to pocket some of that money by doing my own leg work. I'm specifically looking for a headlight assembly (two if possible) and a front bumper. Are the A6 4.2L headlights interchangeable with ours? Any ideas where I can find OEM parts new or used? Thanks amigos.

Sorry 'bout that. Any other deeper damage like intercooler or SAI? I've got a 2000 4.2 and an RS and the headlights sure look the same but never tried. Cheap headlights on eBay but they might not have all the features of the RS. Bumper not sure, try "parting out RS6" here or on Google. Good luck.

Dang idjuits out there- Good luck with the repair...
    210K miles rolled

Looks like it's the same for all late C5s with the HID lamps.

My A6 4.2 has a torn bumper....will this fit?

Check the tabs on you radiator support if you can, they are brittle and will snap off even in a low speed impact, then rad support can sag and cause problems, as there is a bunch of plumbing that threads through it.

headlights should work from any V8 C5.. not the 6 pots.
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

kday - slightly off-topic question: What application do you use that gives the excellent parts application info you posted above?? I've been using http://www.vagcat.com/epc/ but it's pretty basic compared to what you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by SFJ_RS6 View Post
    kday - slightly off-topic question: What application do you use that gives the excellent parts application info you posted above?? I've been using http://www.vagcat.com/epc/ but it's pretty basic compared to what you posted.
    ETKA...

Chris, you are correct:
    4B3941003K is for the LEFT side @ $758.88
    4B3941004K is for the RIGHT side @ $758.88
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Right, the parts catalog program is called ETKA. It's very useful since it has diagrams of most parts, including which fasteners go where (usually). I have an old version and don't have the installation media anymore, but I bet someone here can point you in the right direction.

It looks like EKTA provides the kind of detail the dealer parts guys have. Installation media makes it sounds like it's thick client instead of a web-based subscription service. Can anybody provide me with a pointer? I'm interested....

SFJ - go look in AZ in the B5 s4 forum. There was a link to download ETKA last week.

$1500 for a pair of headlights. Jeebus. The profit margins on parts are huge.
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

Quote Originally Posted by arS6 View Post
    SFJ - go look in AZ in the B5 s4 forum. There was a link to download ETKA last week.
    it is 1.3Gigs
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by arS6 View Post
    arS6 - thanks for your response. I went to the B5 S4 forum on Audizine and searched for ETKA, but didn't find a download link. Can you provide any more info to help me find it?

Thanks,
    Steve

Great info guys, and thanks for tracking that bumper down. My insurance is only giving my $460 for that specific part so I'll have to work some magic, or bitch about it until they cough up the difference. I appreciate the help!

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between part numbers 4b3941004(L) and 4b3941004(K)? I found a passenger side headlight assembly but the letter designation is "L" not "K." As far as I can tell they look like the same part (fits C5 S6). My guess is the "L" is minus the Xenon bulbs???