Thread: Best source for rotors?

Best source for rotors?

I know there is a particular vendor that has decent prices or a rotor/pad package for the front for a 03 RS6.

I did a search but I can't find it. Looks like they are about $1,000 for rotors/pads at ECS.
    2003 RS6 - Red/CF/SE Apikol Intercoolers, Conti ECDWS, Coming soon: Eurocharge tune and MTM TCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
    I know there is a particular vendor that has decent prices or a rotor/pad package for the front for a 03 RS6.

I did a search but I can't find it. Looks like they are about $1,000 for rotors/pads at ECS.

i got mine from ECS just after x-mas, OEM front and rears...delivered to oz for $1700.19 usd (bargain) they are over $4000.00 here!!! all fitted up now, no issues what-so-ever
    2004 RS6
    APR, KW, REMUS

www.GenuineAudiparts.com
    $280 each/fronts
    Search for Part numbers...
    whatever pads you choose, but not OEM or EBC Reds...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    www.GenuineAudiparts.com
    $280 each/fronts
    Thanks!

You don't like your reds? Probably go with Hawk. They were awesome on my allroad and TBSS.
    2003 RS6 - Red/CF/SE Apikol Intercoolers, Conti ECDWS, Coming soon: Eurocharge tune and MTM TCU.

Part numbers are:
    4B3615301E
    4B3615302A
    4B3615601C
    4B3615602A
    I ordered about 4 months ago and paid about $1080 incl shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    www.GenuineAudiparts.com
    $280 each/fronts
    Rotor prices went up
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Yessir they did! Weird that each rotor has a different price, too.

No EBC reds... Hawk is good.

You may consider going with euro version Phaeton W12 rotors. That will be my next endeavor once my JHM rotors wear out. They are beautiful with an aluminum hat. Also larger, requires caliper bracket. I'll get them slotted personally.
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

Quote Originally Posted by Brav View Post
    No EBC reds... Hawk is good.

You may consider going with euro version Phaeton W12 rotors. That will be my next endeavor once my JHM rotors wear out. They are beautiful with an aluminum hat. Also larger, requires caliper bracket. I'll get them slotted personally.
    I'm very interested in the Phaeton rotors for when I do mine this summer. I am going to look into finding somewhere to send them to get slotted (I believe slotted over drilled is better performance wise) and I also want to get them cryo treated.

I didn't think that you needed to have larger caliper brackets? I only saw the AW writeup - do you plan on doing the backing plate too?
    -Greg
    2003 RS6

Yes, back plate for sure. I think they are noticeable bigger and to take advantage of the torque physics stopping power you would want your rotors further out.
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

I am about to do all my rotors. I am thinking to get them from genuineAP. From anybody who purchased from them before, how are they to deal with? They have no phone number and I wanted to ask them a question. Also, anyone do stainless brake lines? Worth the hassle? Any preference for brand? Thanks.
    2003 RS6 MTM, RNS-E, 2007 Q7 and 1999 A4

Quote Originally Posted by vr430 View Post
    I am about to do all my rotors. I am thinking to get them from genuineAP. From anybody who purchased from them before, how are they to deal with? They have no phone number and I wanted to ask them a question. Also, anyone do stainless brake lines? Worth the hassle? Any preference for brand? Thanks.
    You can email/message them while you submit your order.
    they will email within a day
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared