Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Share your defense system

I also have a K40. I like how it's integrated, but it does give a lot of false alarms. That being said, it has saved my butt several times, and I have yet to get a speeding ticket (knock on wood), despite habitually driving where the car is most comfortable - autobahn speeds.

I think I'll look at what the latest technology has to offer though. Can't hurt!
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

Strictly Valentine One for me. Knowing their location relative to me is important. Tells me where to look either ahead of me or to my rear. Believe you me I have caught him many a time coming up behind me. Saved my Butt a countless number of times. Many false Alarms, but who knows Maybe I just didn't see him. Keeps me honest any way. Whenever its Silent I know I'm good to go. I tried an Active Radar Jammer at one time, all that got me was a ticket. Never did work and was highly Illegal. Stay away from those if there still around. Staying out of trouble boils down to driving with common sense and good judgement. Darting in and out of traffic will eventually land you a ticket. A Radar Locator will help, but if you drive like a fool you will get nailed.............................
    03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    Can you confirm or deny the existence of such an institution?!?!?

In Cali, there is a license plate holder that you pay a HUGE sum for - 11-99 foundation - from what I understand it is a get out of jail free card...
    Most Porsches, Maseratis and Ferraris in Silicon Valley have the 11-99 Foundation plate holder. The donation to get one has gone up substantially in the last 5 years. They also give you a nice case to keep your registration in, so that when you hand it to Mr. CHP he sees the logo as he walks back to his cruiser. From family experience- have these on several cars in the family- if one is not a jerk about the stop and your offense was not egregious, you get a pass. Don't think you'd get out of a 2 point ticket with this, but for lesser infractions it could help. For those in other states, 11-99 is the call code for officer down, needs help. It is a foundation that provides assistance to the families of CHP officers who have been injured or killed in the line of duty. A very worthwhile organization and let's face it, while we want to elude these guys on occasion, we're grateful they are around to help and protect our loved ones.
    And Antagonist, if you were in special ops serving our country, you damn well better be cut some slack for enjoying a run with the RS6!
    First RS6 totaled at 142K. Now donor for S6 Avant project. Daily driver: Sepang Blue 2016 S6. Black optics, sport package. #2 Black on Black, Level 10 and Koni, Eclipse Nav + Sirius, 034 Motorsports ECU and TCU tune.

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Been using eyes for years, works pretty darn good, might as well be on high alert when speeding...but am tempted to get something for the day I miss the man...

Now, as for the car pissing you off, you need to stop pissing off your car and get on the gas As long as a 0-60 is clean it shouldn't be a ticket. I drive around like grandma all day at it seems, but every day or two find a spot to throw a good 0-60 at least. The beast always cooperates, big time power, more often in tip. I average 13mpg btw, actually 12.8 the last month

I've been driving on the damn snow tires this mild winter anyhow so if I really hit it they spin anyway...
    HA! 15 was my best average - but there was some more freeway in there than usual, so I am probably 13ish like you. I have never considered mpg in any of my car purchases, but this is a new low for me (or would that be a high....?)

As for sprints - when I do this with the gum rubber 255/40-18 Michelin Pilot Alpins which were $300 each installed, I have visions of rubber molecules on asphalt, and another $1200 bill that I would like to be a few years down the road. Looking forward to the new 19"s and some rubber that is not so soft!
    Daytona/Ebony/Carbon/SEE/RNS-E/19X9 Speedline "Peelers"

Quote Originally Posted by NSU RS6 View Post
    As for sprints - when I do this with the gum rubber 255/40-18 Michelin Pilot Alpins which were $300 each installed, I have visions of rubber molecules on asphalt, and another $1200 bill that I would like to be a few years down the road. Looking forward to the new 19"s and some rubber that is not so soft!
    TJ kinda - I know for a FACT that someone on here got a quote this week for Super Sports for just a lick over $1000 to his door ($233/tire, $10/tire shipped, $74 tax)
    Michelin Super Sports = 30k mile tire and more grip than the Michelin PS2 (10k tire, if you are lucky)
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

TJ kinda - I know for a FACT that someone on here got a quote this week for Super Sports for just a lick over $1000 to his door ($233/tire, $10/tire shipped, $74 tax)
    Michelin Super Sports = 30k mile tire and more grip than the Michelin PS2 (10k tire, if you are lucky)
    Are Super Sports XL rated snow tires?? Up here in slugland, during the winter, we have quite variable conditions. Ice fairly often, snow on occasion and definitely when heading up the 1.5 hr drive to the slopes, AND RAIN 75% of most days Nov - Apr. Mich Pilot Alpins perform well in all of this, but when the temp averages consistently above 60F, they will melt like buttah.

Up here in the North - I will be putting Mich Pilot A/S (All Season) sometime in early March. I have had great luck with those tires with our constantly wet roads.

I don't daily drive my RS6 but I do drive it weekly for the most part and keep summer performance tires on it year round. Not often do we even have winter temps below 30'F except at night so the Summer tires do fine during a winter day, dry or wet.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by NSU RS6 View Post
    Are Super Sports XL rated snow tires?? Up here in slugland, during the winter, we have quite variable conditions. Ice fairly often, snow on occasion and definitely when heading up the 1.5 hr drive to the slopes, AND RAIN 75% of most days Nov - Apr. Mich Pilot Alpins perform well in all of this, but when the temp averages consistently above 60F, they will melt like buttah.

Up here in the North - I will be putting Mich Pilot A/S (All Season) sometime in early March. I have had great luck with those tires with our constantly wet roads.
    Super Sports are XL rated but not a snow tire, more of the ultra high performance tire for dry and wet.
    I know Seattle well, I grew up there then transplanted courtesy of the US Navy Minesweep fleet and then back to Seattle and then chased a girl to San Diego, here since 1993...
    Ready to move back...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

I have new blinder xtreme m45 lasser jammer for sale. Bought it and was too lazy to install it.

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    I don't daily drive my RS6 but I do drive it weekly for the most part and keep summer performance tires on it year round. Not often do we even have winter temps below 30'F except at night so the Summer tires do fine during a winter day, dry or wet.
    Reeaally? In Roy? Summer rated tires? This is pretty funny. Just the other day I was thinking "I hope to retire somewhere where I can run summer rated tires... " When I think summer rated tires, I am thinking compounds that perform well on pavement where an egg can be done in a minute. Day after day after day. Like San Diego. But if the car is only run once a week, or so, tires don't matter as much.

I like the Pilot Sport A/S, just kind of good all around.

Not that I recommend it, Heaven Forbid ! But I 've seen here in Mexico a $200 peso (about 7 dollars ) defense that works on speeding tickets on the open road, as for the city, forget it, too much traffic,
    the only problem is that it might be sligthly illegal, but then again, people that does it say it's better to devote your full attention to your high speed driving, even if it entails a small financial contribution
    every now and then. My advise? Thatīs what Track Days are for.

I never speed.

LOL...

V1...

Eyes...

ESP....

Smile and be pleasant if pulled over.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by papadoc View Post
    And Antagonist, if you were in special ops serving our country, you damn well better be cut some slack for enjoying a run with the RS6!
    I'm actually still active (PJ), and let's hope the cops in Louisville, agree with you! So far they've been really cool. I had one give me a "warning honk" last month after I made an aggressive pass on some clueless chick. I certainly appreciated it.

Quote Originally Posted by Antagonist View Post
    Special operations sticker next to my license plate. Works better than any radar detector.
    LOL, I bet.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Can you confirm or deny the existence of such an institution?!?!?

In Cali, there is a license plate holder that you pay a HUGE sum for - 11-99 foundation - from what I understand it is a get out of jail free card...
    I seriously doubt it. Be like an FOP frame around here. Bad guys lime to get a hold of them and run them on their POS.
    2003 RS6 - Red/CF/SE Apikol Intercoolers, Conti ECDWS, Coming soon: Eurocharge tune and MTM TCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Antagonist View Post
    I'm actually still active (PJ), and let's hope the cops in Louisville, agree with you! So far they've been really cool. I had one give me a "warning honk" last month after I made an aggressive pass on some clueless chick. I certainly appreciated it.
    Most of the time, if someone is pretty decent and admits to whatever they were doing, I cut them loose with a warning. A SF member/other military/off duty cop that is a complete a-hole on a stop may end up with a surprise.

Its all in the attitude with me. That said, I don't have a front plate, have dark tint, and regularly speed a bit here and there. Therefore, I never write tickets for front plate or tint and I haven't written a speeding ticket since 2004 or so.

I haven't been stopped in my RS6 yet.
    2003 RS6 - Red/CF/SE Apikol Intercoolers, Conti ECDWS, Coming soon: Eurocharge tune and MTM TCU.

Well, I guess I'm a little cheap. I ended up buying a passport 8500 x50. From some of the reviews I've read, the 9500 wasn't reported to have a huge increase in range. I am in a sparsely populated area, and the premium for the gps just didn't do it for me. (I'm just trying to justify this decision)

Anyway, I got it from an acquaintance for 150 bucks.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

I had the regular 8500 (it was a good detector) prior to getting my 9500ix and I've heard the X50 is a definite improvement so it must still be considered one of the top of the line detectors.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA