Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Drove my first RS6!

Timing belt (when was it last done), Torque Converter (could go at anytime if you're above 50k miles, could be good for a while). I would get some sort of return/repair policy if you can. It's easy for them to clear codes that could come back soon after purchase. Drive it for a while then have your mech run the VAG, still won't get everything if there is something that takes a chunk of miles to show. Make sure it drives good in general, good luck!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by Elevens View Post
    Good one Bigglezworth. Truly impressed with the Mileage. Your showing these Cosworth Motors to be Durable if Maintained correctly. If only the Transmissions were that good. Had mine rebuilt and still having major slipping issues. Pain in the Arse.....................
    I am going back to the stock tune for a while after my second transmission failure last week.

6-speed conversion with updated 01E is likely in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by skribe View Post
    I am going back to the stock tune for a while after my second transmission failure last week.

I feel for you Skribe. After spending more than $5000.00 I am still having major Slipping issues when I step on it. After checking the Fluid Level I found it to be more than 1.5ltr low. Whether this can cause permanent damage or not I don't know, but even after refilling she still slips badly under WOT. Don't know who to blame at this point. The shop who installed and under filled it or the Tranny Re builder. I am just hoping its that's its a simple problem such as a Valve Body which can be replaced easily, and not something which requires another engine pull. Oh well life goes on...................
    03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.

Holy shite!! Sorry to hear this, elevens I know u run a lot power, the level 10 in mine is 3 years old, so I assume the time the guy who now runs 517 did the work, as I beat on it hard sometimes, launches etc, and she is solid. If either one of you are interested, buy the extra I have, it was rebuilt, u
    Rated valve body, $2500.00, but then I can drop it off at 517, then u have it beefed up to handle 700hp, and your golden.
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Skribe what TC did you have?
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

Bummer on the tippy taking a dump...

On the bright side, yeah for 01E 6 speed!!!
    IIRC, there are three players in this game:
    StevenKen - East Coast, perhaps NC or VA
    Raven MS in Long Beach California
    The last guy's username escapes me at the moment...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

if the 6-speed conversion was fully sorted electronically and a bolt-in kit, I'd do it in a heartbeat.
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

The only thing you wont get is traction control or stability management. Its being worked on... ABS will work. Personally, that's all I need.
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..

Quote Originally Posted by Brav View Post
    Skribe what TC did you have?
    OEM, brand new. Lasted less than a year... Still can't figure how Audi NA avoided a recall on these transmissions, especially in these cars.

OEM, brand new. Lasted less than a year... Still can't figure how Audi NA avoided a recall on these transmissions, especially in these cars.
    Maybe we need to get our axe-grinder CHUNG to swing a large info drop to NTSB... like the gas tank and the DRC and and and
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Bigglezworth - 235k miles is impressive, are you on your original turbos/gearbox? I wouldn't believe you if you said you were on your original DRC.
    Current: V10 RS 6 Saloon, 420mm Ceramics, MRC, Milltek, MTM bits, Audi exclusive bits - 757BHP/967NM
    Past: V8 RS 6 plus, Sprint Blue, 126 of 999

Quote Originally Posted by Amar View Post
    Bigglezworth - 235k miles is impressive, are you on your original turbos/gearbox? I wouldn't believe you if you said you were on your original DRC.
    Have the entire service history on the car in a thick folder... Yes it has had the turbos and tranny both changed. Many many miles ago. That large folder was without a single repair record on the DRC however which leads me to believe it actually went the distance until I had it swapped to the 2nd gen as part of the AoNA service campaign. I ran a wet/dry compression test last summer and the numbers were all similar and less than 3% off OEM. That impressed me more.

'02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

I think us earlier owners should have tried harder like we finally did with the DRC with the NHTSB. Oh well, sorry to hear your car is acting like mine did. 5 Tcs, 4 trannys in 6 years. WTF. Strong as hell engine...and likely the cause besides my lead foot.

To the beginning of this thread I would wonder what the hell happened to replace an engine in an RS6...never heard of one having an engine go in all these years and turbo replacements are more a feature of being unable to remove them properly (studs stuck) when pulling the engine to get to the trans.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    Have the entire service history on the car in a thick folder... Yes it has had the turbos and tranny both changed. Many many miles ago. That large folder was without a single repair record on the DRC however which leads me to believe it actually went the distance until I had it swapped to the 2nd gen as part of the AoNA service campaign. I ran a wet/dry compression test last summer and the numbers were all similar and less than 3% off OEM. That impressed me more.

This post gives me hope.
    Daytona/Ebony/Carbon/SEE/RNS-E/19X9 Speedline "Peelers"

Lancerator ~ I had a similar first impression when I test drove my car. I remembered thinking, "That's it!!?." I guess was hoping for that just kicked in the chest feeling that my brothers modded S4 gave me. I reluctantly lined up against my brother and to my surprise I ran away from him like he was dragging Oprah. What I'm saying is...the car is a lot faster than it feels. You also have to consider the demographic the RS6 was originally intended for. It's a luxury German car built to comfortably scream down the Autobahn. I still think they did a damn good job.

Has anyone tried to see if a V10 C6 tranny would fit?

I doubt it. The 6HP26 is a bit thicker and how would you control it?
    05 Cayenne turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Antagonist View Post
    Lancerator ~ I had a similar first impression when I test drove my car. I remembered thinking, "That's it!!?." I guess was hoping for that just kicked in the chest feeling that my brothers modded S4 gave me. I reluctantly lined up against my brother and to my surprise I ran away from him like he was dragging Oprah. What I'm saying is...the car is a lot faster than it feels. You also have to consider the demographic the RS6 was originally intended for. It's a luxury German car built to comfortably scream down the Autobahn. I still think they did a damn good job.
    Thanks for the post! looks like my first thread got hijacked :-) Anyway I agree I felt the same way. I was hoping Id get the same rush as my friends cobra with the same ponies(of course its 2000 pounds lighter) but I must admit I was flying in that car. I had an open lane getting on the freeway and I was doing 105 before I got to merge. But I guess your right I need to look at what it was really intended for. I grew up with alot of race cars that my brother had built and these things were screamers, but just that race cars. Ive really been wanting to build a factory five GTM Supercar but Im physically a bit to tall to ride comfortably in one I think. Thats why the RS6 has always kept my interest comfort and power all wrapped up in one, plus I just really love Audi's. Im kicking around taking it for a longer drive and to my mech next week so we'll see how it goes.