Thread: How my old radio cost me $213.49

How my old radio cost me $213.49

Agreed to sell my old radio to a fellow forum member for shipping costs plus $20.00 to cover a Heineken mini-keg

Low and behold, through e-mail exchanges, I find out that he lives about 20 mins from my office. So I arrange to meet him to deliver the radio in person.

On my way i hit a friggin' pot hole and blow out one of my new Hankook winter tires - thank you Governor Cuomo!

Oh well - the radio found a good home, and the buyer helped me put my spare on.
    GBNF: Mugello, silver, carbon, RNS-E, H&R coilovers, Hotchkiss
    '14 GL550
    '79 911SC Targa

One of my friend had that happened. He called the city to have them replace it. First they said no then he told them that he will contact the local paper to tell the story. They said fine, we will replace the tire. He emailed a copy of the manual that states all four tires has to be a same rolling diameter. After a little argument he got four new tires
    05 Cayenne turbo

I tried that with my insurance co. and it got me two tires. I still had to buy the other two. They made the argument of betterment and manufacturer "recommended" guidelines....and they wouldn't budge.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Ouch------(
    210K miles rolled

I'm not going to fret about rolling diameter - the tire only had about 1k miles on it. The biggest pain was finding a replacement - I had bought them from Discount Tire Direct, they didn't have any more the size I needed. "Tony's" of Albany came to the rescue - sending me a new one.
    GBNF: Mugello, silver, carbon, RNS-E, H&R coilovers, Hotchkiss
    '14 GL550
    '79 911SC Targa