Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who has the burden of proof?

Quote Originally Posted by Aronis View Post
    In many states that writing officer no longer has to show up in court. That is how it is in NY state.

As far as why? They Need the Money! A tinted car is an easy mark. Wait until they start measure you cars Carbon Dioxide output and charge you for that.

Mike
    you bet they need the money...from WSJ a few days ago...

"Run up spending and debt, raise taxes in the naming of balancing the budget, but then watch as deficits rise and your credit-rating falls anyway. That's been the sad pattern in Europe, and now it's hitting that mecca of tax-and-spend government known as Illinois.

Though too few noticed, this month Moody's downgraded Illinois state debt to A2 from A1, the lowest among the 50 states. That's worse even than California. The state's cost of borrowing for $800 million of new 10-year general obligation bonds rose to 3.1%—which is 110 basis points higher than the 2% on top-rated 10-year bonds of more financially secure states.

This wasn't supposed to happen. Only a year ago, Governor Pat Quinn and his fellow Democrats raised individual income taxes by 67% and the corporate tax rate by 46%. They did it to raise $7 billion in revenue, as the Governor put it, to "get Illinois back on fiscal sound footing" and improve the state's credit rating.

So much for that. In its downgrade statement, Moody's panned Illinois lawmakers for "a legislative session in which the state took no steps to implement lasting solutions to its severe pension underfunding or to its chronic bill payment delays." An analysis by Bloomberg finds that the assets in the pension fund will only cover "45% of projected liabilities, the least of any state." And—no surprise—in part because the tax increases have caused companies to leave Illinois, the state budget office confesses that as of this month the state still has $6.8 billion in unpaid bills and unaddressed obligations."

Having grown up in the Windy City, I learned you don't fight city hall. I'd just get rid of the tint and fuggedaboudit...
    First RS6 totaled at 142K. Now donor for S6 Avant project. Daily driver: Sepang Blue 2016 S6. Black optics, sport package. #2 Black on Black, Level 10 and Koni, Eclipse Nav + Sirius, 034 Motorsports ECU and TCU tune.

Ahhhh,

Don't drivers ed teachers in IL make upwards of 200k/yr?

Nothing to see here folks.

BHO to the rescue.

What horseshit. I would take it off and put it right back on or get the waiver from a friendly eye doc.
    I never park on the street in the CHI if at all possible... Last time I did somebody stole my Milltek exhaust tips.

May want to post on the Chicagoland forum of Quattroworld...or do a search there. This has been discussed to death. Fight it...the city and state law do conflict. And yup if your car has ANYTHING not perfect or up to compliance when parked on the street they will ticket you and its often not cops but the meter-maids that are an outside vendor. The burden of proof is on you. Best thing they did though was have them start taking pictures of parking issues with the tickets...won two of them as their own pics worked to my defense.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

Up here that is a "fix it' ticket...I think if you take it off, go to DMV for an inspection, go to court with the DMV approval and your done. I would go fight it...worst that could happen is you have to take it off, which you were gonna do anyway? Up to you whether it's worth the aggravation. I haven't tinted my RS6 yet, but want to, but in no hurry for this very reason...good luck...
    2013 Audi S8