Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you guys think about this S8?

What do you guys think about this S8?

I know this is primarily an RS6 forum, but I'd like some opinions on this S8 I found in Colorado.

I think I've accepted the fact that right now, it just wouldn't make financial sense to get an RS6. However, the D2 body S8 has always been another car that I can't stop looking at. Anybody have an experience with them? I know Tozo had a beast of an S8, but anybody own a stock one?

I found this one at a place called Prestige Imports in Lakewood, CO
    http://www.prestigeimports.net/used/...1f58cc7f56.htm

Looks like a two owner car with good history through the carax. I've been back and forth with the owner and the best prices he's given me is just under 16,500 shipped to Seattle.

Anybody want to chime in with an opinion?

That is a good deal. It looks very clean and being an 03' it is rare. Only 300 was made for US. 100 black with amaretto, 100 Avus silver with maroon and 100 Ming blue with platinum. It is a fully loaded one with nav, heated MFSW, Audi exclusive leather, TPMS, sunshades.

http://pdxa4.smugmug.com/photos/576703533_rs3ZR-L.jpg
    05 Cayenne turbo

My only complaint was the gas filler nozzle. It was very small and would constantly "click off" the pump. You had to pump REALLY slowly. I finally found a local station that had a pump that seemed to pump at a slower rate, so I would always fill up there.

Other than that, I loved the car. I just love my RS6 more.

W>
    2003 RS6 Mugello Blue - mods? Whatever Ben does....

Rare car in a good color combo.

Looks like the normal Colorado road rash. The leading edges of all panels will be sandblasted. Count on it.

Still a great car. Should do the timing belt soon.

Thanks for the responses. Dealer said the following was done during inspection: Serp belt, brake flush and rear pads, output shaft seal, and a full synthetic service. Gonna try and go for 16000 shipped, which I think sounds fairly reasonable.

that's a very nice S8, i had found one a while back and regretted later for not buying it, it's really a very good looking car, even if it has less power than the RS6 but it does compensate on other things, i would go for it, i love the D2 and especially the S8...
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

That price is a steal at that mileage. Just buy the car and enjoy.

Why hassle over 500 dollars. That S8 will handle like it on rails and lower gearing/higher hp 4.2 will just rocket around town. No car that big should handle that well but it does. Hell, I have a garage full of cars and need another like a hole in the head and this car makes me want another one. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by FacePalm View Post
    Thanks for the responses. Dealer said the following was done during inspection: Serp belt, brake flush and rear pads, output shaft seal, and a full synthetic service. Gonna try and go for 16000 shipped, which I think sounds fairly reasonable.

Well ok then. I think I've made my decision. I just hope that it's still there tomorrow. Thanks for the responses! Will update if all goes well.

good decision , btw, why waiting until tomorrow?
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

Cause it's one in the morning? haha

Nice car! Good luck with the transaction and keep us posted!
    2003 RS6, Mugello Blue/Ebony - SOLD :-(
    2015 S5 Coupe, Mythos Black w/Black Optics package and an attitude

Thanks, Vitalian. Hopefully I'll still be allowed to come to a local get together even though it's not technically a beast. A quick update for anyone who cares (mostly my giddy schoolgirl self). The paperwork is being sent to me tomrrow and will hopefully be on a transport by the end of the week.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	120085A(03)..jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	12196

Don't forget to visit ur on http://forums.quattroworld.com/a8/
    05 Cayenne turbo

Oy that forum's layout compared to this makes my head hurt. Do you really have to click every link to see a reply??

Once you start to use it, you will see that it is more user friendly. Ask audiworld if they are happy about switching to Vbulletin.. http://iedei.wordpress.com/2009/03/1...-quattroworld/

http://i.imgur.com/2jSuU.png
    05 Cayenne turbo

Best post this year. Brilliant move AW

Quote Originally Posted by TozoM8 View Post
    Once you start to use it, you will see that it is more user friendly. Ask audiworld if they are happy about switching to Vbulletin.. http://iedei.wordpress.com/2009/03/1...-quattroworld/

http://i.imgur.com/2jSuU.png

On QW most people put their replies in the title so it is actually pretty easy to read.

All Audi people are welcome at the gathering. Actually the Audi club meets there just a couple of hours after us. We are not exclusive (well at least I don't think we are).
    2003 Daytona/Silver RS6

Update for anybody who cares. Technically the car is mine, as paperwork was sent back today! Should be on a transport headed to seattle sometime beginning of next week. Will update with pics when I have my own.