Thread: Kenwood 9980HD installation - Assistance dearly needed

Kenwood 9980HD installation - Assistance dearly needed

So, rather than get a RNS-E so the instal would be somewhat easy, as there is plenty of information provided, I decided to risk it and purchase a Kenwood 9980HD receiver. I could really use some help with all the parts I would need to make this happen. I also would like to rid the Amp as I have 2 from my previous 5000T. The navigation I see that it may need a special adaptor for it to work and the CAN-BUS as well. After looking at all of the possibilities for failure by purchasing incorrect of unneeded parts, I feel fairly lost at this point and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Crutchfield sells those, you could call them and most likely get everything you need for the install.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113DNX9...h=kenwood+9980

Well they were certinaly friendly, but have difficulties with the RS6. I recall purchasing Alpine Pro speakers and they stated 5 1/4", then I found we have 6 1/2's (arrg).

Anyone else have any assistance? FAKRA single or double antenna with amplifier to use the shark fin? Correct wire harness? I am going to keep the Bose amp initially to see how a 8" sounds....
    Thanks much

For my RNS-E install I used the GPS antenna lead that runs to the defunct OnStar system which is under the glovebox behind the carpet. That is a single FAKRA connector. You'll need an ~18" extension to go from there to the head unit.

Thanks, I ordered one today along with the regular connectors that will hopefully work after reading here, Audiworld and 246. Appreciate the assistance!

I'm subscribing to this thread, definitely want to know how it comes out. The Kenwood looks great.
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

I should have all of the gear for the install this Friday (crossing my fingers as they are coming from 3 different suppliers). I will take pics of the trials and tribulations. BTW anyone perhaps interested in some brand new Alpine 13SPX-Pros? I have pairs for the front and rear. They fit in the RS6 fine. I just may go with kenwood all around at this point.