Thread: Start up lag on S5?

Start up lag on S5?

Could S5 drivers comment on any lag on starting from a stop?

I finally found out who was driving an S5 cab here and it turns out he turned the car in after 5 months at a huge loss ($10k) because the lag was dangerous.

Much like the issue I had with my 2000 A6 4.2 which upshifted too soon to second.

Any feedback??

Thank you,

Mike

So, I am assuming no one here has seen this issue on their 3.0 SC S5 with auto transmission. So I guess that is good news. Now I'll have to find one to drive.

Mike

Never heard this before. We 've tuned quite some S4/S5 TFSI... the issues that some customers are heaving are around Stronic boxes having lag between gears after some time but its not affecting all cars... some its in the first three gears some in the the last gears.... no logic... but its clearly defects /issues of some Stronics
    Youry
    RS QUATTRO
    www.rsquattro.com

Interesting. The way he described it was that there is gadget you can buy which gets connected in series with the wire going to you gas peddle and some how that limited the lag. I wish I had a chance to drive his car before he got rid of it. Sometimes such things turn out to be the driver! and not the car....visa vi the old "unexplained acceleration" issue which hurt Audi before.