Thread: The best handling car in the world

RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Looks like a whole lot of fun. I wonder how long those spacesavers would last on the RS6? A lap or two?
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Amusing for sure, watched it a few days ago, nice little test track! Thanks!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I've had this thought occur to me before as something to try on my Skyline. They say the Skyline GT-R is, of Japanese tuner cars, a poor choice for drifting. But I figured that on space savers, it'd make for great drifting practice.

The clip does have a point though. There is very little drama in the RS6. Today, I was entering a highway and the traffic looked a bit dodgy. I just downshifted into 4th, gave it maybe half throttle, and hit 100mph and cleared the traffic in seconds. Yet except for my vision blurring a bit, I didn't feel any really frightening sense of acceleration - it's just so evenly spread out with our cars, that you never really get a massive hit.

And another thought had occurred to me. I have yet to get any wheelspin, let alone lose grip on any tire, and I've tried (within what can be safely done on a road). One of my fears before purchasing the RS6 - understeer - has never materialized. I've driven in everything except heavy snow. On the way home from dinner with the wife, when coming off the downsloping highway offramp, I didn't even bother to hit the brakes, and took the sharp left turn having used nothing other than engine braking to slow the car down. Not even a squeal from the tires, although the wife yelled "what the hell did you do that for??" I just replied, "because the car can do it." There are surely limits to the RS6's handling, as you can't break the laws of physics, but it's clearly at speeds so high that on public roads, it would be literal suicide. It's both astonishing competence and a bit boring at the same time.
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

This is exactly why reports are saying the new scion/Subaru/Toyota ft 86 is so much fun to drive. It has the exact same tires as the Prius
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

that makes sense - those low rolling resistance tires, given enough power, will likely be very predictable in drifting at a much lower speed than with DOT-legal rubber. Return of the Hachiroku!!
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

Sweet video! funny it made a great point

Hmm.. Last time I checked, 125 isn't 33% of 255..... 50% yes.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Ok, so their math skills were pure shite, but the video was still great! Thanks Erik.
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Love that video.