Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Audi TT.

I'm not interested in a mid engined TT or any mid engined car for that matter.
    But to call the TT a sportscar the engine should be there.
    The TT is at his most a sport Coupe.
    There are pretenders among us.....
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.....

Quote Originally Posted by The Pretender View Post
    I'm not interested in a mid engined TT or any mid engined car for that matter.
    But to call the TT a sportscar the engine should be there.
    The TT is at his most a sport Coupe.
    The term sportscar has been misused for years and by more than Audi, what I want to know from you is what you are expecting Audi to do with the TT to improve it to make it acceptable to you. If you say mount the engine differently and connect it to the conventional Quattro system then you might as well call it an A5 so you need to accept it needs to have Haldex and move on from this argument.
    Hanging the tail out is Vanity
    but choosing AWD is Sanity

You can't get a real 4WD system with a transverse engine layout, because the main power is send to the front wheels and they tap in to that to get some power to the rear.
    With a longitudinal engine layout the main power go to the rear wheels and they tap into that to get power to the front wheels.
    The most power comes from the axle that is in line with the engines crankshaft.
    The FWD race TT RS looks like a much better driving car, because al the power is always on the front wheels.
    The problem with the Haldex system is, when you loose front grip you also loose front power because it move to the rear.
    If you have only FWD only with a LSD it only moves from right to left and the other way around and you keep always the power at the front.
    Im absolutely certain that if you remove the hole Haldex system from the TT RS and put in a LSD you get a much better car to drive.
    If you see how good the FWD race TT RS is with 440 hp on the front wheels.

btw, the change that i will buy a TT Mk3 is most likely very small or non existent if the rumours are truth that the next TT Mk3 will be S-Tronic only. (S and RS almost certain S-tronic only)

The face-lifted R8 does have only one manual gearbox option and that is only with a basic R8 V8 all the other models are S-Tronic only.
    Further are all S and RS 4 and 5's S-Tronic only.
    I hate non manual gearbox cars and if the day comes that there are no cars anymore with manual gearboxes i stop driving cars and take/buy a monkey to do it for me.

btw, the change that i will buy a TT Mk3 is most likely very small or non existent if the rumours are truth that the next TT Mk3 will be S-Tronic only. (S and RS almost certain S-tronic only)

The face-lifted R8 does have only one manual gearbox option and that is only with a basic R8 V8 all the other models are S-Tronic only.
    Further are all S and RS 4 and 5's S-Tronic only.
    I hate non manual gearbox cars and if the day comes that there are no cars anymore with manual gearboxes i stop driving cars and take/buy a monkey to do it for me.
    Maybe you'll be getting one of these instead:

http://cdn3.worldcarfans.co/2012/1/2...1535795000.jpg

No thank you, not a Porker fan.

No thank you, not a Porker fan.
    One thing we don't agree about...

what do you think of this render by italian mag Quattroruote?

front
    http://www.quattroruote.it/auto_novi...za-generazione

rear
    http://www.quattroruote.it/auto_novi...za-generazione

To optimistic... IMHO

That is based on the thought that the quattro concept was the new design direction.
    The new Audi A3 is the last build car in the old design language the next TT and Q2 will be the first cars in the new design language, first seen with the Crosslane Concept.

I think the Crosslane Concept is nothing more than a rehash of the Steppenwolf concept shown 10 years ago. I find the styling ugly with many awkward angles and fussy details that take away from the overall effect. It's trying too hard and seems to be different merely for the sake of being different.

Prior to the first TT, Audi's styling was so inoffensive it had become bland. The TT took it in an entirely new direction. The Bauhaus language introduced by Freeman Thomas et al, was sensational - totally radical and fresh. As for the interior, it set new standards. It was a fabulous car. The A2 that followed was equally adventurous and really put Audi's design on a pedestal. The new B6 A4 that followed didn't quite capitalise on the TT and A2, but was nevertheless a well resolved and appealing car.

The metamorphosis that followed is interesting. Initially, I wasn't a fan of the new 'gaping mouth grille'. But gradually it has evolved along with the belt line crease to create a new and elegant language for the brand. The A1 is a very attractive car. You can see why Audi would want all of its models to echo the same design themes. Today, Audi's line-up has a coherence that reinforces the image very well - just as BMW did before the arrival of Chris Bangle.

Back in 2002, BMW was criticised for its cookie-cutter approach to styling. It too reacted by introducing what it described as a 'bold new direction'. When I saw the 9-Series concept followed by the X-Coupe, I was horrified. Pig ugly. While BMW continued to grow, sales were driven by its engineering pedigree not the attractive of its styling. Having owned an E46 BMW M3, I couldn't bring myself to replace it with the car that followed. Many other customers also defected to Audi and Mercedes as a result. BMW's styling misdirection allowed other brands to catch-up. Big mistake from Munich.

I just hope that Audi isn't going to have its own BMW moment. Junk the Crosslane Concept and do something elegant, understated and consistent with what you already have, guys.

I have big doubts about future Audi design with "Wolfgang Egger" in charge.
    IMHO, Egger is Audi's "Chris Bangle" with this CrossLane Concept design.

The Crosslane styling will be used on the Qs which should be boxier than they are now. If anything Audi made a mistake by giving the Q7 (and to lesser degrees the Q5) car/avant based styling that just doesn't work as well on that size profile. I don't think TT and future A vehicles will be as influenced by the Crosslane. The R8 might but once again some sharp lines would not be out of place there either.

I still hope for a sharper Bauhaus style TT Mk3.

This is my all time favored TT sketch, it was a preview for the TT Mk2 by Huckfeldt.

This is 100% pure TT-ness IMHO.