Thread: Air Duct Peeling like a snake

Air Duct Peeling like a snake

Hello all:

I had a new passenger side air duct installed. The stealership techs actually broke pieces of the old one off. Of course they wont' admit to it. However; no biggie and I just had it replaced on my dime. However; after only 1 week- the new one started peeling and looks like crapola.

Stealerships now give the ol "If it is functional, we don't replace". I've contaced AoA and await their reply which is forthcoming.

I realize it still functions. I normally don't worry much about cosmetics. However; this part is obviously prominent and takes away from the engine bay look. In the long run, I'll certainly get it corrected (with or without Audi). However; it certainly stinks the dealership won't replace a part that started peeling within a week.

210K miles rolled

It looks like it is under some sort of STRESS or a serious amount of "GET THE F$CK IN THERE!!!" ...

So they break the original one...
    Then replace it with THIS one?!?!

what the hell?!?!?
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Its obvious that they sold you a defective part - and I would press on. If the worst happens, I hope you paid with your credit card - that way you just dispute the charge...
    Daily Drivers: 2002 Mercedes E55 AMG, Brilliant Silver, Autoadapt Menox control, hard-wired Valentine 1 | Ki Tsunami Titanium w/ Spinergy SPOX, Jay J2 Seatback, Jay J3 cushion, 2.5 degree camber

What the hell is that, bummer...? See how much one from a Shokan junker would cost you...or get out the rattle can eh?
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

^^LOL to all the above- Not a major amount (only $175). However; it just goes to show some of the values of the stealerships. This was Parker Audi and I'll never grace their doors with my wonderful presence again (haha)- unless of course I decide to picket them- again. Not long ago, I was on their sidewalk for 2 days with a placard and handouts to anyone that would stop about their piss poor service and flat out lies over my turbo issue. I have the written documentation. AoA stepped up to the plate after I provided them the documenation of Parker's very poor service. In fact- Parker's service manager (and several techs) were gone a few weeks after this episode and I truly hope I had something to do with it. Parker's new service manager called me afterwards and wanted my business back. I told him no thanks and I would never return- LOL. AoA continues to be very supportive and has kept my faith in Audi.

The duct was actually done in June/11. However; the car was in the shop for a very extended time due to the turbo issue and I just got around to dealing with this as it was on the very low priority list.
    210K miles rolled

Sounds like a pooptacluar dealer.

I bet you bring the receipt and part to another dealer, they might parts warranty it.

Jeez. This really shouldn't be a big deal for a dealership to take care of.

WTF happened to customer satisfaction?
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Just got the official AoA response- they will not replace as it still functions correctly. AoA fails on this one. They say since it still functions correctly, they will not replace. The AoA rep event tried to suggest that because the car was modified with the APR chip was one of the reasons they made this decision. How in the heck does the APR chip cause paint to peel within a week? I told her the other side air duct paint was just fine and had been on the car since purchase in Jan/04.- LOL

I asked if they painted/repaired my bumper and it started peeling within a week, would I have the same answer. In other words, the bumper would still be functional but look like sh!T. Obviously, the representative said that wasn't the issue we were discussing- LOL
    210K miles rolled

Man, that is total BS. If I bought an expensive coat and the lining started tearing after a week of use, I would expect the store to give me a new one or a full refund, even though the coat would still be functional with a torn lining. This whole "still functioning so no replacement" business is utter garbage. When I bought my car from a stealership, they went on and on about how Audi takes pride in the superior quality of their materials. I'd be throwing that right back in their faces.
    2003 RS6, Mugello Blue/Ebony - SOLD :-(
    2015 S5 Coupe, Mythos Black w/Black Optics package and an attitude

Randy, you can have mine...

I was told I don't drive my car like I stole it by John so whatever...
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

^Come to Arkansas and I'll throw some moonshine and green herb in your car- You will then drive it like you stole it when they light u up...;0

Just ask Popcorn..RIP

210K miles rolled

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRS6 View Post
    ^Come to Arkansas and I'll throw some moonshine and green herb in your car- You will then drive it like you stole it when they light u up...;0

Just ask Popcorn..RIP

Did Popcorn pass away? I was watching that show!
    Damn it! Back to reruns of Full House...

Yep- He was looking down the barrel of a prison sentence and apparently decided to opt out..

http://www.gizmotastic.com/2009/03/1...on-dead-at-61/

I too had become a "Moonshiner" series audience member...
    210K miles rolled

Repaint them! A nice gloss piano black or maybe your exterior color?
    2003 Rs6 Mugello/Ebony Eurocharged/APR R1 DV's/RNS-E/KW-v3/Hotchkis/Full Milltek Cat-less/Apikol IC's/D.O. water-meth/ 6 speed SOLD!! Next???