Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What size water/meth tank?

What size water/meth tank?

I've been wanting to mount a small 2 quart tank in one of the trunk wells, but think it might run out a bit fast, as in less than a tank of gas or two. Plan is to run two 5 gallon per hour nozzles into the y-pipe. I don't use the trunk a bunch, and am tempted to put a 2-4 gallon box back there next to the battery, but do I need to? Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Why not just use the windshield wiper tank? It holds a gallon. That's what I use. Not to mention it has a low fluid level indicator in it.
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Good point, why didn't you tell me earlier So the only issue would be whatever you've got for water/meth fluid is your windshield wiper fluid? Seems pretty minor trade off for not messing around in the trunk...how much do you go through per tank?
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Well, remember...ww fluid is 50/50 methanol /h2o....but don't use that...empty tank and use pure methanol race fuel quality and distilled water. I don't go thru a lot, as my unit is progressive, my set up parameters are pulse width of 40% and boost of 7psi, in other words heavy footed. That said I have never let the tank go dry, or even warning light. Usually 3 tanks of gas I think.
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Quote Originally Posted by speedtrapped View Post
    Well, remember...ww fluid is 50/50 methanol /h2o....but don't use that...empty tank and use pure methanol race fuel quality and distilled water. I don't go thru a lot, as my unit is progressive, my set up parameters are pulse width of 40% and boost of 7psi, in other words heavy footed. That said I have never let the tank go dry, or even warning light. Usually 3 tanks of gas I think.
    How does your mixture work on the windshield?
    -Greg
    2003 RS6

Hmmm... I had a Aquamist kit with a 5qt jug in my 996tt, with 2 fairly big jets. I've run out a few times. You HAVE to remember to check it everytime you go out, if you plan on jackassin'. I have had nights where I have run out...MY advice is buy a quality kit and go with the biggest tank you can put somewhere and run 100% VP M1 methanol or mix 50/50 with distilled water. Depending on what kit you have, the level sensor is SUPPOSED to be able to shut system down to wastegate pressure before you run out...
    2013 Audi S8

Yep, I'll start with the 51/49 mix that DO's sells, price is decent shipped to my door. I would imagine it doesn't work as good as a standard detergent but should be fine for most cleaning. Not having a tank in the back of the car would be nice, plus much easier install without the hose and sensor running down the side of the interior.

Just a thought, the fluid in the WW tank will be warmer since it's in the engine bay, slight difference...

...if you plan on jackassin'.

Who me?, never! Just need some extra power to merge in traffic...

I'm running it to combat my temp issues in the summer primarily, the car is a beast right now in the cool weather, but I would like to always have that bit of power/protection of the cooler temps...

In my P car, we picked up over 80whp with the addition of 100% meth...big meth fan...plan on having an Aquamist kit on the RS6 soon....
    2013 Audi S8

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    ...if you plan on jackassin'.

Who me?, never! Just need some extra power to merge in traffic...

I'm running it to combat my temp issues in the summer primarily, the car is a beast right now in the cool weather, but I would like to always have that bit of power/protection of the cooler temps...
    Well, just so you know, it was +90 degrees here last week while I was in Seattle at 41 degrees with Chung, Vitalian, and Topcat_92... I might have to get meth
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

I did the rear mount.

Was a slight bitch to route the tubing and wiring, but I am happy with it. My tank is 3 qts. I choose the rear mounting to have flexibility in fluid and mixtures. Don't use it at all now in the cold temps. I mix my own brew. I get it from a fuel distributor in 5 gal buckets. I have the progressive controller mounted under the steering column and to the right, so I can easily adjust it. My tune is APR with no water/meth provisions. I use it to simply lower my AIT's. Regular windshield washer fluid is between 30 and 40% meth. -20 washer fluid is closer to 30%.

Pic of under hood.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

AIT log from the summer:

.......OFF.......... ON
    68 64
    68 63
    68 63
    68 62
    67 61
    67 60
    67 60
    66 59
    66 59
    66 58
    66 57
    66 57
    66 56
    66 55
    66 55
    66 54
    66 54
    65 53
    65 52
    65 51
    65 51
    65 50
    65 50
    65 49
    65 49
    65 48
    65 48
    65 48
    65 47
    65 46
    65 46
    65 46
    65 45
    65 45
    65 45
    65 45
    65 45
    65 45
    65 45
    65 45
    65 45
    65 45
    65 45
    65 45
    66 45
    66 46
    66 45
    66 45
    66 45
    66 45
    66 45
    66 45
    66 45
    66 45
    66 45
    66 45
    66 45
    66 45
    66 45
    66 45
    66 45
    66 45
    66 45
    66 45
    66 45
    65 46
    66 46
    66 46
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Nice setup for sure, I was wondering what size of tank you were able to fit back there...so we've got 3qt back vs ?qt under the hood, will look into it...

Nice setup for sure, I was wondering what size of tank you were able to fit back there...so we've got 3qt back vs ?qt under the hood, will look into it...
    I apologize for not responding to your previous message.

As far as the tank goes, I know that the one under the hood is very close to a gallon. Whenever I run out of washer fluid, and but a gallon, I can almost fit the whole bottle, then end up swearing at the Germans and their liters for not letting a gallon fit.

Nice setup MR 4everRS. That's quite a significant drop in Intake Air Temperature. I am definitely going to look into this Meth Injection. Your Devilsown setup is quite Impressive. After a little cool spell we had down here in Florida, I was really blown away by the Performance gain due to lower IAT's. So its definitely worth looking into and thanks for your input into the subject matter.....
    03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    Well, just so you know, it was +90 degrees here last week while I was in Seattle at 41 degrees with Chung, Vitalian, and Topcat_92... I might have to get meth
    Ben, I take it you noticed the extra kick from the cool weather? The cool air has got to help even more on a chipped car running hotter with increased air temps due to higher boost pressure also. And, that's a long trip, you log about 1,500 miles?

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    I apologize for not responding to your previous message.

As far as the tank goes, I know that the one under the hood is very close to a gallon. Whenever I run out of washer fluid, and but a gallon, I can almost fit the whole bottle, then end up swearing at the Germans and their liters for not letting a gallon fit.
    Not a worry, tanks for the details...

Now to contemplate, tougher to add fluid in the trunk, longer install, but get to run separate mixes, hmmmmmm......I've still got a few weeks....

Ben, I take it you noticed the extra kick from the cool weather? The cool air has got to help even more on a chipped car running hotter with increased air temps due to higher boost pressure also. And, that's a long trip, you log about 1,500 miles?
    I definitely can feel a difference in air temp in the winter mornings (yesterday was 39 degrees)! The BEAST loves it and gulps it down faster than a tank full o' Aces

The drive up/down the I-5 corridor was performed in a heavy fat 2010 Acura MDX - great for the kids with DVD movies and room to have crap all around.
    Not so great on the performance, er, LACK of performance... Don't get me wrong, it was GREAT in the wet weather and any type of incline. The gas mileage was worse than the beast @ 18mph on the highway @ 75/80 mph. If I slowed down to 65/70 (read as painful), it was marginally better at 19mph.

I think this summer is the RS6 Power tour for me and the youngest daughter...

I am VERY curious about this Meth thing/setup...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared