Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What color is RS6 coolant?

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRS6 View Post
    ^ I received one from James about 2 months ago. He was very responsive and sent it out same day as I contacted him.

By the way- "The Girls" are boxing up the package for Scroll this morning. Will have a track# for you later today.
    Thanks, chatted with Sean at Scroll and he's ready to take a look at what we can do...and apologies for the thread jacking...now back to the coolant issue, hope they can seal it up quick!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by 905084 View Post

I really hope it's your aux radiator Pixie...or something else cheap and easy!
    I'll know in a few hours. The mechanic has taken possession of the car this morning, and I should hopefully know something sooner rather than later. My instructions were, "if it's the Aux radiator, pull it and bypass it."... let's just hope and pray for easy. I don't like spending $$$...

Well... not on car stuff at least...
    Daily Drivers: 2002 Mercedes E55 AMG, Brilliant Silver, Autoadapt Menox control, hard-wired Valentine 1 | Ki Tsunami Titanium w/ Spinergy SPOX, Jay J2 Seatback, Jay J3 cushion, 2.5 degree camber

Costs to keep the car running=not fun.....costs to make the car faster=fun! Good luck there...my current $2k+ steering fix is bugging the hell out of me, but so be it when you drive a $90k car...

Get the IC's cleaned and checked if you're going to have the Aux Rads pulled, they have to get in there anyhow and pull the bumper I believe, was well worth it for performance and assurance for me!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by PixieVC View Post
    ...Well... not on car stuff at least...
    LOL- Maybe skirts, nails, and shoes..) Of course, I'm a big fan of ladies spending money on themselves and I encourage wifey..
    210K miles rolled

Exactly! My GF bought a $800 jacket, I love it, same cost as my meth kit...

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Costs to keep the car running=not fun.....costs to make the car faster=fun! Good luck there...my current $2k+ steering fix is bugging the hell out of me, but so be it when you drive a $90k car...

Get the IC's cleaned and checked if you're going to have the Aux Rads pulled, they have to get in there anyhow and pull the bumper I believe, was well worth it for performance and assurance for me!
    ugh. OK, well, instead of pulling them can they just bypass them without pulling them out? I didn't realize it was such an involved process (as it seem anything and everything is with this car...)...
    Daily Drivers: 2002 Mercedes E55 AMG, Brilliant Silver, Autoadapt Menox control, hard-wired Valentine 1 | Ki Tsunami Titanium w/ Spinergy SPOX, Jay J2 Seatback, Jay J3 cushion, 2.5 degree camber

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Exactly! My GF bought a $800 jacket, I love it, same cost as my meth kit...
    Yeah but, think about how good you'd look in an $800 jacket... priorities, priorities...

Yeah but, think about how good you'd look in an $800 jacket... priorities, priorities...
    Ha, I've got a nice old polar fleece that feels great when I'm driving fast!

Not sure if they can just connect the lines and leave the aux rads, maybe, it's nice to get them out eventually as you'll get much better air flow and less heat soak for the IC's...and all the extra tubing, anything out of that engine compartment for more air flow and space, got a box of crap when mine were pulled...about 15 lbs. too!

Cantcha have both?
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

^ Not everyone has vaults of cash like you Ben...;0
    210K miles rolled

Good news everybody... Mechanic just called me. It was diagnosed as a cracked expansion tank. Looks like everything else is still fine...

Makes sense actually as the leakage would only happen after a long trip... no leaking for around-town stuff. Yaaaay! I should have it back by end of day today...

^Great news. Now don't you feel good after all of us giving you doomsday scenarios?? That was our plan all along..;0
    210K miles rolled

Good luck, hope that fixes it! My A6 was leaking there but just a dribble and unfortunately that wasn't the real problem.

Wow. That sounds exactly like my leak. A little bit oily and only happens intermittently. Time to check my expansion tank.

My oil cooler pipe was cracked so I didn't think much with the somewhat low levels of coolant.
    2003 Daytona/Silver RS6

Quote Originally Posted by 905084 View Post
    Good luck, hope that fixes it! My A6 was leaking there but just a dribble and unfortunately that wasn't the real problem.
    Gee, thanks, Greg. Make me paranoid before I even get the car back...

Remember, it's not paranoia if they really are out to get you

T.J. =
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxRS6 View Post
    ^ Not everyone has vaults of cash like you Ben...;0
    Well, IF that were true, I would need a capable CPA.... is there anyone that might know of a CPA around here?!?!?
    I also did drive an R8 V10 Spyder with Ceramics(+ $9k) and carbon option (+ $40k) yesterday with John and 2.2x the posted 65mph speed limit... I am unable to confirm nor deny the existence of proof of said video...

Good news everybody... Mechanic just called me. It was diagnosed as a cracked expansion tank. Looks like everything else is still fine...
    Makes sense actually as the leakage would only happen after a long trip... no leaking for around-town stuff. Yaaaay! I should have it back by end of day today...
    Yeah!!! chock one up for the want of a cheap fix!
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    ...Well, IF that were true, I would need a capable CPA.... is there anyone that might know of a CPA around here?!?!?
    Well- the capable part rules me out..

BTW- what is the T.J. (Thomas Jefferson, Track Junkie, Tail Jump...abbreviation)? Like I said- I not capable.
    210K miles rolled