Thread: Wanting to replace tail lamps and headlamp housings, where to get?

Wanting to replace tail lamps and headlamp housings, where to get?

Spending the whole week staring at my car has made me realize how much I hate the amber front and rear. I was thinking of taking the advice on here and separating the fronts and just removing the amber reflector but my lenses are tired. We sanded and sealed them when I bought the car but you can see all the tiny cracks within the lens and the driver side one is a tad milky too deep in the lens to sand out.
    I had found a clear set I really liked but was told an A6 light does not fit our cars. Is that true, are they different? I have only found one clear set that stated it was for the RS6 but they have the halos which I dont want and they are over a grand. Anyone know where I can get a nice clear set? I like the OEM look the most. I kind of debated with the style that has the eyebrow like current Audis but I dont think they will flow well with the C5 lines. I have never seen a set in person though so they may look good.
    What about the Allroad? Are they different too?

Now on to the tail lights. I see several on here that have a kinda smoke/clear/reddish tint to them. I really like those but cant seem to find them. Seems one of you mentioned that they are no longer available. That had me thinking of getting the all red versions instead but they just list A6 and I didnt know if there was a difference between the two cars. I really dont want LEDs as i dont think they fit with the cars character. Slight smoked would be my first choice. All red with the smoke that is.

I wish the A6 headlights fit as the set i found for $300 I really really like. I already have a supply of chrome bulbs that light up amber.

And this is kinda unrelated and just something i was toying with but I also really like the brushed trim on the bottom of the Allroads doors. I believe the V8 A6 cars have them as well. Do those fit our cars and has anyone tried it? May be too cluttered with the huge rockers we have but it may look killer too. I only ask because my plastic ones on the bottom of the front doors both have a tiny amount of waviness to them.
    2014 S8 - Daytona Gray Pearl Effect, APR Stage 2 Tune, APR downpipes

When you find neww lenses, let me know where you got them. Mine have been polished but Id like to replace If I can.

Are you talking about the door blades? I dont know how they are attached but Im not drilling into the body on this car.

https://www.google.com/search?q=RS6+...kqn4V1tGPxM%3A

Yeah, I was talking about those door blades. Always liked them on the Allroad and regular V8 C5s. They may be a bit much with our rockers though.

For what it's worth, the door blades are really easy to remove. Two small screws from the inside of the door, then they just slide back a half inch and come right off.
    RS6 #1, 01E, 2.5" straight pipes, AMD Stage 1 6MT tune, 460awhp/530awtq on AMD's Mustang dyno. TOTALLED.. RS6 #2, Ebony Black Pearl on black/silver combination with carbon, up and running with 6 gears and AMD tune.

Wish someone had a set installed. Seems a complete set in good condition from an Allroad is about $300. Im a cheap batage and if they look like ass Ill be bummed. LOL

Well if nobody has done it before I may as well be the test guy. I really never thought much about it until I spent this last week just staring at the car and noticed that on two doors the plastic ones are a tad wavy.