Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 3800 mile RS for sale.

Cool story, interesting stuff, but I can't get over how dirty the car looks in some shots. Coffee spilled in the console, mud and debris all over passenger side, piles of tree debris around the trunk, mess inside, even the leather looks a bit worn for so few miles. Looks like the car was not treated well and left outside a lot, not in the bunker. Hope you take better care of the other vehicles, you're fortunate to own them...admitting I am OCD about things being clean. Too bad you never got to experience a tune on the car, world of difference!!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Montana plates

NH and VT?

Has the car ever seen MT? Oh boy

Quote Originally Posted by hotgrips View Post
    Here is the link for 16 photos.

http://s1089.photobucket.com/albums/...S6%20450%20hp/

Hello everyone. I am the owner of the RS6 with the low miles. The car is always garaged, inside an insulated reinforced concrete multi-bay garage that is built into a hillside, so there is a stability of the temperature always year round in the 50-55 degrees F.

I read the comments on (this thread) about dry rot and anticipated problems of a new 9 year old car, and I just haven't seen that phenomena, maybe it is the kind of storage I have. I sold my 1995 Porsche 993-C4 with 2,040 (two-thousand and forty) (Speed Yellow 911 AWD) which I bought from Autohaus Porsche of PA new in 1995, and it had no dry rot nor seal leakage issues. I sold it to a Florida man who transported it to a NJ port directly from my house, and on to an eager buyer in Europe. I had an email with the Florida buyer and he reports the European new owner is very pleased with the car. I would be happy to dig out the FL buyer's contact info if someone wants to follow up. The 993-C4 is at: http://s1089.photobucket.com/albums/i350/hotgrips/

All of the vehicles I own have super low miles because I have accumulated so many, and while getting older (age 61) I lost interest in cars. Not totally, now and then I get bitten, like last summer I picked up a new 2011 Cadillac CTS-V with factory 556 hp. It has under 1800 miles on it now, after 6 months, and I bought it with 1600. My 5 month old 2011 Lexus LS460 AWD I use the most, with just over 1000 miles on it now.

My accumulation of cars (and motorcycles) had shrunk in 2011. I sold 5 cars and 2 motorcycles because keeping up with battery tending and fuel had become too much of a chore. My 1998 Honda VFR800 sold to a Maine buyer with 31 miles (thirty-one) on it (I bought it new in 1998), and my 2003 Honda ST1300 had 70 miles when sold (again bought new in 2003). http://s1089.photobucket.com/albums/...cpZZ1QQtppZZ16 I still have the contact information for both buyers who can report on whether or not low miles has resulted in failed seals and dry rot issues.

Perhaps simply garaging a car with daily swings of temperature and humidity, along with seasonal swings in temperature and humidity make it worse for rubber seals. I can only speak of my own experience with my underground (bunker) garage and how it has not been an issue. The bunker houses a Rotorway 162F and 12 motorcycles and I haven't spotted any problems with leaking seals. Several of the motorcycles are from the mid-70s, one which I raced in Austria in 1976. It's a 2-stroke 340cc so there is no engine oil, but the gearbox is leak-free.

Jim Hollander
    West-Central New Hampshire near Vermont.
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set...3094365&type=3

I used to be OCD about keeping cars perfect, but it's a little unhealthy when carried to extreme. And darn impractical when you have 14 garage doors and no room to add any more vehicles indoors. When I was younger my wife used to tease me about having to clean my cars every Saturday, this was back 20+ years ago, when I had 3. Now at my ripe age of 61, I don't go overboard on car cleaning, in fact my wife is a little OCD about my having my laptop (and related stuff) on the kitchen island all the time. It's just life, you change over the years. I'd be totally insane if I felt I had to have all my vehicles perfect all the time. That wouldn't be enjoyable to me. I don't have a paved driveway, so cars get grit tracked into them now and then, it cannot be helped depending on the pattern on my shoe soles. By the way, I've already gone thru the stage of my life where road racing was important, thru SCCA both in the SSC class (New England SSC class champion in the mid-90's) and A/S class (the Camaro would need 20 hours of work on it for every hour on the track), raced internationally for 5 years in the International Six Day Trial and got my Bronze, 2 Silver, and a Gold medal, 1 DNF (off-road motorcycle enduro) and I've long since gotten driving at the limit out of my system. And as far as I'm concerned, just in time to not pass on the racing obsession to my son when he might have been impressionable.

My son is 19, does race MX, but not obsessed or compulsive about it, well balanced, great student, studying to be a mechanical engineer at RIT, into SolidWorks, problem-solving, R/C cars, a little of everything. There's more to life than having a shiny car or two that is always nice enough to eat off of, and all set up for track days. I hope none of you that are like that take this the wrong way, I do know what you're going thru as I've been there, but that's my past. I enjoy just sitting at my laptop and spending hours solving a machining problem, and working out the methods with BobCadV24 or FeatureCamV15. Or using Esprit-Wire EDM software to cut something clever in tool steel. A wire EDM for those of you that don't know about it, will cut hardened tool steel 6" deep (with my low-end Brother HS-50A machine) with a spool of .010" diameter brass wire in a submerged tank of distilled water. A wire EDM can easily cut with repeatable accuracy to .00005" (and cut at angles if you need) so that the fit between two mating pieces takes very close scrutiny to see. To me that is much more satisfying (in terms of a sense of accomplishing something useful) than polishing my car's paint and scrubbing brake dust off my wheels. Taking some quick photos of my RS6 without washing, vacuuming, and detailing the dash with a soft brush isn't a crime. I don't drink coffee so someone is imagining they spotted a coffee spill in one of the photos. Ditto for wear on the leather interior. The photos were taken for the gentleman who bought my 1995 993-C4, and he just wanted some quick(and dirty) pictures at the time. He felt my price for the RS6 in August 2011 at 52k was too high. He paid $48k for my 16 year old Porsche with 2,040 mi. on it,. and it had the original tires on it. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, I wouldn't hesitate to give any of the 5 purchasers of my cars and 2 motorcycles in 2011 to any of you as a reference if you want to follow up and find out how I take care of my motorized toys.

The underground bunker is a Caterpillar shaped Dome, from Monolithic Domes of Texas. After excavating for the base, an air-form in the shape of a caterpillar is inflated with high volume, low pressure air. When the skin is taught, the inside is sprayed up with 6" thick closed cell polyurethane foam insulation. Shot-crete (sprayed concrete) then covers the entire interior to a depth of 2" as I recall. Then re-bar is put up inside against the PU foam in a 6" x 6" pattern, and layer upon layer of sprayed concrete is built up until a depth of 5" is reached. The intersections of the 3 domes (caterpillar shape) has to have a massive built up rebar-concrete structure that is about 15" x 15". We hung 9 chains from the re-bar inside it for future use. After a long time curing and drying out, the interior is painted in white paint, electrical conduit is run where needed, and the structure is covered in sand and then earth, and is strong enough for a bulldozer to drive over the top.
    Last edited by hotgrips; January 6th, 2012 at 04:56. Reason: typos and expansion

No, the 2003 RS6 has never left New England.

The 2003 RS6 has never been further than New Haven, CT. I'm sure MT is a wonderful state, I believe I drove thru there back in the 1970s on the way to Oregon or Washington in my 1970 Ford van. Motorcycles get permanent plates the first year, and when a car is 11 years old, permanent plates are available. Search Google for Bennett Law Office in Missoula, MT. (Thad Brinkman is a good contact there)

James,

I, and I am sure others, appreciate you taking the time to explain about your car(s) and bikes.
    Sometimes the forum crowd can be a little rough and critical and I am sure that there isn't any harshness meant with a new forum member.

It is rare enough to find any original owners as a majority of the US owners now are the 2nd/3rd/4th owner.
    It is MORE rare to find a super low example of an US RS6...and the original owner.
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

What is all over the center console in photo 2? Looks very dirty, or am I missing something?

http://m1089.photobucket.com/albumvi...5.jpg.html?o=1
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Picture 4 looks horrible, trashed carpet and not a stock mat, very odd, seen cleaner cars with 50k, just saying...

http://m1089.photobucket.com/albumvi...3.jpg.html?o=3

Welcome aboard!
    2003 RS6 - Red/CF/SE Apikol Intercoolers, Conti ECDWS, Coming soon: Eurocharge tune and MTM TCU.

interesting story...i am sure the pictures don't do justice to this car, probably if a good cleaning would be performed the car would look great, however i must say i am a bit disappointed by the way Jim keeps the car, i am not either a freak, at least not as i used to be when it comes to cleaning the car, but i do clean it at least once/week and i try not to get all the dirt inside when stepping in, etc...

Jim, i am just curious, since the car is 9 years old, over this period of time have you done all the maintenance required by age? obviously you couldn't have done it by mileage , like timing belt, fluids, tires or is it everything original as it came? Also, it looks like the passenger front headlight is not as clear as the driver side....
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

I noticed the interior grime as well. Sad...
    2003 Rs6 Mugello/Ebony Eurocharged/APR R1 DV's/RNS-E/KW-v3/Hotchkis/Full Milltek Cat-less/Apikol IC's/D.O. water-meth/ 6 speed SOLD!! Next???

Maintenance on 2003 with 3800 miles

The engine oil and filter, timing belt, and tires are all as it was delivered to me in 2003-2004. But I did wash it at least once a year. The headlights are identical and flawless, photos attached. Caterpillar Dome front attached also.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_6236cropped-r&#10.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	117.8 KB 
ID:	12138   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_6238headlight&#8.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	125.9 KB 
ID:	12139   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_b6237headligh&#11.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	147.5 KB 
ID:	12145  

^Now that is a cool bunker...I want one full of toys for next Christmas...00
    210K miles rolled

very fishy

fishy....
    Quote Originally Posted by hotgrips View Post
    Here is the link for 16 photos.

http://s1089.photobucket.com/albums/...S6%20450%20hp/

Hello everyone. I am the owner of the RS6 with the low miles. The car is always garaged, inside an insulated reinforced concrete multi-bay garage that is built into a hillside, so there is a stability of the temperature always year round in the 50-55 degrees F.

I read the comments on (this thread) about dry rot and anticipated problems of a new 9 year old car, and I just haven't seen that phenomena, maybe it is the kind of storage I have. I sold my 1995 Porsche 993-C4 with 2,040 (two-thousand and forty) (Speed Yellow 911 AWD) which I bought from Autohaus Porsche of PA new in 1995, and it had no dry rot nor seal leakage issues. I sold it to a Florida man who transported it to a NJ port directly from my house, and on to an eager buyer in Europe. I had an email with the Florida buyer and he reports the European new owner is very pleased with the car. I would be happy to dig out the FL buyer's contact info if someone wants to follow up. The 993-C4 is at: http://s1089.photobucket.com/albums/i350/hotgrips/

All of the vehicles I own have super low miles because I have accumulated so many, and while getting older (age 61) I lost interest in cars. Not totally, now and then I get bitten, like last summer I picked up a new 2011 Cadillac CTS-V with factory 556 hp. It has under 1800 miles on it now, after 6 months, and I bought it with 1600. My 5 month old 2011 Lexus LS460 AWD I use the most, with just over 1000 miles on it now.

My accumulation of cars (and motorcycles) had shrunk in 2011. I sold 5 cars and 2 motorcycles because keeping up with battery tending and fuel had become too much of a chore. My 1998 Honda VFR800 sold to a Maine buyer with 31 miles (thirty-one) on it (I bought it new in 1998), and my 2003 Honda ST1300 had 70 miles when sold (again bought new in 2003). http://s1089.photobucket.com/albums/...cpZZ1QQtppZZ16 I still have the contact information for both buyers who can report on whether or not low miles has resulted in failed seals and dry rot issues.

Perhaps simply garaging a car with daily swings of temperature and humidity, along with seasonal swings in temperature and humidity make it worse for rubber seals. I can only speak of my own experience with my underground (bunker) garage and how it has not been an issue. The bunker houses a Rotorway 162F and 12 motorcycles and I haven't spotted any problems with leaking seals. Several of the motorcycles are from the mid-70s, one which I raced in Austria in 1976. It's a 2-stroke 340cc so there is no engine oil, but the gearbox is leak-free.

Jim Hollander
    West-Central New Hampshire near Vermont.
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set...3094365&type=3

Quote Originally Posted by ntrcptr View Post
    very fishy
    What's on your mind exactly?

RS6 was sold this morning.

^Congrats on the quick sale- We hardly knew u...;0
    Last edited by MaxRS6; January 7th, 2012 at 18:17.
    210K miles rolled