Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hey, any enthusiasm about the 2012 S6???

2003 RS6 Vs 2012 S6....sounds like the new S6 will match or beat the specs on the 03 RS6... We shall see...

It will be down on power (420 vs 450) but very close.. I will bet much better packaging.
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

Yes, on the spec, but the Transmission should be less of an issue with the new S6.
    From the UK site, the S8 appears to be offered with an 8 speed auto, while the S6 with a 7 speed dual clutch auto. So as long as the transmission is no longer a weak link, tweaking the S6 to 500 hp should not be a risky venture. Thus putting the power well above the stock of the 2003 RS6 without making it a time bomb for a transmission replacement. That's why I left my RS6 stock from an engine standpoint as I did not want to risk the transmission.

Mike

Oh P.S., the RS6 with sound enhanced exhaust is also supposed to have 455 hp. LOL.....just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by Aronis View Post
    From the UK site, the S8 appears to be offered with an 8 speed auto, while the S6 with a 7 speed dual clutch auto. Mike
    Curious as to why the different trannies???
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Benman View Post
    Curious as to why the different trannies???
    Torque output..
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..

Brav, YOU'RE Killing me!

So you think that the S6/S7 transmission will be the limiting item for upgrading the engine? That stinks! It was the biggest issue with the RS6 upgrades!
    I was hoping that the basic S6 engine could be tweaked to the S8 level of output without killing the transmission....bummer....

Mike

It's hard to say for sure but easy to guess.. you could probably tune more peak horse power for sure. Would just be careful with the torque. Dual clutch have a ways to go still. MB makes great fast shifting auto transmissions. They handle tons of toque, so that's the best solution still for high output I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Brav View Post
    It's hard to say for sure but easy to guess.. you could probably tune more peak horse power for sure. Would just be careful with the torque. Dual clutch have a ways to go still. MB makes great fast shifting auto transmissions. They handle tons of toque, so that's the best solution still for high output I guess
    true. the auto on the S65 is seamless.. even with 902 lbs of tq at the crank