Thread: More Codes!

More Codes!

Some of you may be familiar with my past posts and ridiculous amounts of obsessive logs.. well, I have intermittent power issues, but no real apparent problem. Been getting MAF codes for upper limit all the time as well as gear recognition signal being intermittent. Well I got some new ones..

Address 01: Engine Labels: 077-907-558-BCY.lbl
    Control Module Part Number: 4D1 907 558 D
    Component and/or Version: 4.2l V8/5VT G 0003
    Software Coding: 0006752
    Work Shop Code: WSC 13876 409 403238
    VCID: 2F67E54FBD066C1
    5 Faults Found:

18393 - Coolant Control Module 2 (J671)
    P1985 - 002 - Malfunction - Intermittent
    16487 - Mass Air Flow Sensor (G70)
    P0103 - 001 - Signal too High - Intermittent
    17482 - Mass Air Flow Sensor 2 (G246)
    P1074 - 001 - Signal too High - Intermittent
    17585 - Bank2: O2 (Lambda) Correction Behind Catalyst
    P1177 - 001 - Control Limit Reached - MIL ON
    17473 - Fuel Pressure Regulation
    P1065 - 008 - Regulation Discrepancy - Intermittent

Readiness: 0000 0000

Friday,06,January,2012,16:10:44:26687
    VCDS Version: Release 11.11.1

Address 03: ABS Brakes Labels: 4B0-614-517.lbl
    Control Module Part Number: 4B0 614 517 AD
    Component and/or Version: ESP 5.7 RS 6 2310
    Software Coding: 06697
    Work Shop Code: WSC 02195
    VCID: 63CF597FF14E981
    2 Faults Found:

01119 - Gear Recognition Signal
    35-10 - - - Intermittent
    01542 - Yaw Rate Sensor (G202)
    27-10 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent

Coolant control module - is this for the HVAC? would explain erratic temps.

Any thoughts on the MAF/Catalyst codes? bad sensors? I did a smoke test, and no leaks.. except for small ones on the original ICs.

The fuel pressure regulator, I am unsure about. The only thing I can think of is whenever my fuel light is on, my high speed fuel pump ALWAYS comes on.. i posted on this before but no one knew. Well, looks like it may be throwing a code. Any input is welcome..

Also, in addition to my constant gear recog code, now I have this implausible yaw rate sensor.. is my ABS module letting go??

Thanks guys.
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

I recently (a few weeks ago) had the coolant error (J671) and it was the smaller fan control module. IIRC it was about $260 for the part. However; I didn't have any labor cost as they already had it opened up for another issue.
    210K miles rolled

Chris,

Missed you at the event on Saturday - hope it was as fun it should have been..

Perhaps you can shed some light on what you have done troubleshooting-wise or replaced prior to these errors?
    MAF replacement?
    MAF seals?
    I don't see at tune on your signature...
    I think Chung had a MAF issue with LOW signal?!? - frayed wires on the MAF sensor connection
    Dirty contacts?

Can you describe the intermittent power issues?
    What time of day? Weather?
    Car wash? driving habits?

I am just putting stuff out there...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

My MAFs have been inspected and seals checked.. all came ok. Dont know when the MAFs were last replaced but they are giving normal signals in logs. I have REVO tune now, and low conservative settings.

Power issues - sometimes less that WOT feels faster than WOT. power will come on very late in power band.. after5500 rpm. has all been documented in my old logs. Heat is a culprit, but not the only issue. I usually drive pretty grandpa-ish, with a few bursts here and there. Power always smooth, but sometimes only feels like 350hp or so.

The R8 event was great! Got sideways a few times in the V10, SO SAD my go pro didnt record anything!
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..

^Is there a possibility of removing the Revo tune and running stock? This could rule in/out it has something to do with the tune.
    210K miles rolled

I am also getting the coolant control module error (I haven't had it in a few months) but I going to try to swap out the coolant temp sensor first.

My MAF signal is too low on one bank.
    2003 Daytona/Silver RS6

I have one bank that reads lower as well, but not by much. 10% variance maybe. I hear this is normal. My power issues have been around for a while, well before the revo tune. Right when i flashed it, rand like a bat out of hell... insane. then went back to its old ways during the first day of driving. I can go back to stock no problem. Acts pretty much the same.

What about your intercoolers? Checking for leaks? or would that cause different symptoms?

I also remember that Pat would change his MAFs at major services intervals, whether it needed it or not...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Try pulling the ECU and spraying contact cleaner on the contacts.....in lieu of that, replace every sensor throwing a code..

A little update after a lot of fiddling around.

I had Raven replace the MAFs due to these codes. Worked on a lot of other vibration issues, but thats for another thread. Anyhow, In the last 6 months I have been getting this code for:

"Bank 2 post catalyst fuel trim system too lean" which is the same as the 17585 - Bank2: O2 (Lambda) Correction Behind Catalyst ( I didn't use VAG this time.. didn't have it)

It always comes back after about 2.5 tanks of gas or so after reset. Driving normal, cruising, get the CEL. I thought this was related to the MAF issue, and apparently not. Anyone have any ideas on this recurring issue? Maybe my old MAFs are still good, if anyone is interested...

Also, still getting the traction control light coming on under WOT 3-4 shift, but NOT while in Tip mode.

Just a thought, but you could swap the rear O2 sensors left and right and see if the fault follows the sensor.

Quote Originally Posted by kday View Post
    Just a thought, but you could swap the rear O2 sensors left and right and see if the fault follows the sensor.
    Yes I will probably try this. I had a real sneaking suspicion about it when one of my logs had requested lambda of Bank 1 matching actual of Bank 2, and vice versa.. was barely off but just enough to notice.