Thread: How to convince the dealer to rip out my DRC?

How to convince the dealer to rip out my DRC?

Last night driving home from work I started getting a very loud and persistent clunking from my left front suspension. That corner was noticeably bouncier than the other side. While driving to the dealer this morning I noticed that the opposite corner (right rear) was banging around too. I'm assuming this is a DRC failure given the diagonally opposed noises that began together all of the sudden. I had noticed some minor noise/clunking occasionally over certain bumps and rough pavement before but the dealer said they couldn't hear it.

So, my question is, how can I convince the dealer or Audi NA to replace my DRC which had the recall done about 1 year ago. I'd like to have them put in a KW V3 or even just Bilstein coil overs. I know others have had the dealer do it. I figure in the long run it will save them from having me bring the car back in to fix the DRC in another year. I have an aftermarket warranty if it matters. I would be happy to sign off that anything in the future having to do with shocks and spings will now be my responsibility. Any thought on how to get this done?

I wondered about this same thing as mine is going out with the initial leaking. I wondered if a compromise with Audi could be achieved. If we could ascertain a real number for what the replacement is for them and deduct this from the price of KW V3's or any other system, By the way at SHOX.com they are selling the KW's in the $2,300 range. I would be more than happy to be a voice for this with Audi as Sonnen, our "local" dealer sucks wind and I will only have a good replacement not another "fix".