Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: so it's finally mine !

Lookin' good!!!
    2003 RS6, Mugello Blue/Ebony - SOLD :-(
    2015 S5 Coupe, Mythos Black w/Black Optics package and an attitude

and it's still mine , even though i was almost at the point, if i had found a serious buyer to appreciate it as we do , to sell it and get the C6, but then again after all the things i've done for this car i would've ended up losing a lot of money, plus the C5 is much closer to my heart and special than the C6. I drove a few and the C6 does feel better, quicker and more reliable, has all the things that the C5 never did in its stock format and we all had to invest some serious money to bring to that level or anyway a lot closer, however it lacks that "something" that the C5 has, but the C6 is mental, seems so ridiculously fast and the blip when downshifting is great !

So, since i've decided to keep it a little longer, i have refreshed it a little bit with some OEM RS4 19" and plastidiped the front grills, probably the rest of trim will follow as soon as i replenish my plastidip stock! Does anyone know if the plastidip lasts if the car gets washed or do i need to tell'em to avoid using the high pressure water on those areas?

hopefully i will also be able to change the quad exhaust with an SE one, i would love the Milltek one but i think the price is too high, how much is it in the US?

Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

I have had plastidip for a while, and just have a small piece flake off on the outer aluminum trim after a carwash.. maybe too aggressive of a scrub or what. Always hand wash, not through a machine. i didn't want to sand the aluminum to make a better adhesive point..
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

Looks great!

from what i've seen it's not really aluminum, at least the lower grille of the front bumper is definitely plastic, but yeah, i don't want to sand it either, i like having the option of going back to its original color whenever i want.

thank you 2000c43!
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast