Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: so it's finally mine !

so it's finally mine !

...or will be completely mine today, ok i am not 100% sure but the service said it will be ready so i keep my fingers crossed. After looking for quite some time an RS6 and having tested all the cars that came for sale on internet, after paying the deposit for one of them and reserving another one, i have decided in the end to go with the 3rd choice, which is actually the first one that i saw but couldn't drive at that time as it was to a dealer and was closed in the weekend!

Anyway, it's good that i have seen about 4 or 5 before taking the final decision as i was able to see what are the common problems and not and of course i owe many thanks to you guys and to this forum!!

So, the winner is a 2004 RS6 ABT with 69k miles on the clock, last minor service was done at 66k at Audi with all service history from Audi, second owner, since 2009, first owner in 2006 as the car was in the showroom 'till that time! I have negotiated with the owner to reduce the price as the car needs, new tires as the ones now on the car, though still have lot of thread, they're 2007 so old, and of course it needs the 75k service. The car had the DRC overhauled in 2009 and when we went to register it the car didn't pass because 3 shock-absorbers were leaking, so the owner took the car to replace them and today i should finally get it! It's weird how the shocks have already died so soon and of course Audi didn't want to do it under warranty...hopefully will last another 2 years and then, if i will still have the car, i will replace it with the regular ones!

I will post more pictures after i get the car later on today!

Just talked at the service and it looks like it will only be ready on Sunday!
    Last edited by mik15; November 30th, 2011 at 07:00.

Looks like a beauty.......nice pick up.

Yea, it sure does look nice. Congrats at enjoy it on some of the open roads around there.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Thats a nice one, enjoy the beast...
    Mugello Blue C5 RS6 Avant Viper Tuning ECU/TCU
    MTM Bimoto wheels 9,5 x 19 ET 30 LK 5x112 with 275/30/19 tyres
    MTM exhaust system cat back 4-pipe with throttle valves in 2 pipes, control

thanks a lot guys! I am looking forward to enjoy it but it seems like i have to wait until Sunday...the shock-absorbers have been mounted but the garage that did the change doesn't have the pump to pressurize the system, so they will have to take it to Audi dealer on Sunday for that and to do a checking again to make sure everything is ok with the DRC. Hopefully i will be able to drive it back home Sunday evening .

Dont take the car with you after youve checked if they correctly filled the DRC system, which you can see by looking at the height of the car. if its not filled properly, the car will stand much higher then normal...

so if it sits higher than normal this probably would mean that they have pumped too much pressure into the system?? Unfortunately i don't think i will be there when the owner picks up the car from Audi, as he is doing all these things in order to be able to finalize the transaction with me, otherwise the car wouldn't pass the registration therefore he couldn't sell it...anyway, the labor should be under warranty so i guess i can go after and have them to redo the procedure if it's not right from the first time...

anyway, the labor should be under warranty so i guess i can go after and have them to redo the procedure if it's not right from the first time...
    yes youre right, its something to keep in mind...

BTW

The chaps can correct me if Im wrong but....if you drive the car without pressuring the DRC you will run the chance of damaging the struts. I seem to remember that the dealer was instructed not to drive it. FYI

thanks for the tip . Anyway i will not drive it, it is now parked in the service and the Audi dealer is a few hundreds meters away, i don't think will do any damage if they drive it so close...

Please have them check first. Having no DRC oil is like driving your car with no oil in the engine. The pistons in the shocks will have no lube. 500 meters or 15 miles...no oil is no oil.

Quote Originally Posted by mik15 View Post
    thanks for the tip . Anyway i will not drive it, it is now parked in the service and the Audi dealer is a few hundreds meters away, i don't think will do any damage if they drive it so close...

i have been today to the workshop where the car is and they were working on it, they have changed the shock-absorbers(3 of them) and the outer front axle boots which were cracked but there was still a lot of grease inside so the mechanic and I(as well) assumed there is no need to replace the drive axles. Hopefully tomorrow Audi will check and pressurize the DRC, as the schedule was made, and in the evening i will finally bring it home so i can show her some TLC ....keep my fingers crossed that everything works as planned tomorrow!

still in Audi workshop....i hope with all my heart that tomorrow will be finally done!!! I can't take this any longer

now it is finally mine , last night i took her back home with me....what can i say...all the way back, a bit over 100 miles drive, i was all just a big smile and my blood pressure was high, these are the sensations i have experienced and still have the symptoms..., hopefully will have it for a long time from now on...i love it! I have discovered that a few buttons located below the glass support are a bit sticky, so something must have been spilled over...how do i remove the CD-player and A/C panel so i can clean it?? is there any other easier way?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1 (2)..jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	142.9 KB 
ID:	12046   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3 (2)..jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	122.0 KB 
ID:	12047   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2 (2)..jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	140.0 KB 
ID:	12048  

Very nice! Yep, my drive in the car was sweet too...and the two test drives, just awesome...and still awesome 6 months later...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Radio removal tools to remove radio. Then I believe two small bolts hold in ac unit.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

how do the tools look like? two long metal sticks?? i have no idea...

just try and find some electronic cleaner spray and spray it into the cracks around the buttons. I had this issue on my old 01 S4 as it had the cup holder in the same problematic spot. I also used a damp rag with warm water. I made sure the car electronics were off when i used the warm rag that let some of the water seep into the cracks. When the buttons were wet with the warm water I kept working on them and eventually they became unstuck. The water worked better than the electronic cleaner in the end. Eventually over time whatever was sticky worked it's way out and the buttons started working normally.
    ECU/TCU chip, Euro Recaro's, KW 3's, Wagners, Venair hoses, Dahlback diverters, Hotchkis sways, Phaeton ducts, lower spoilers, custom vent's in hood