Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: so it's finally mine !

This is what the radio removal key's look like. You'd need 4, one for each corner of the radio.

Name:  radio key..jpg
Views: 411
Size:  1.5 KB
    ECU/TCU chip, Euro Recaro's, KW 3's, Wagners, Venair hoses, Dahlback diverters, Hotchkis sways, Phaeton ducts, lower spoilers, custom vent's in hood

where can i get it from? except Audi which i am sure they are not going to borrow it...

found some on ebay...

ECU/TCU chip, Euro Recaro's, KW 3's, Wagners, Venair hoses, Dahlback diverters, Hotchkis sways, Phaeton ducts, lower spoilers, custom vent's in hood

would it be ok if i use WD-40 to spray through the gap between the buttons? would do any harm to the thin layer of paint/rubber on the buttons?

Yes, it would eat it. Mild soap solution.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Quote Originally Posted by mik15 View Post
    where can i get it from? except Audi which i am sure they are not going to borrow it...

found some on ebay...
    Actually- you might be able to go by the Audi dealership and just have them "pop" the radio out with their keys. However; it is still probably best to get your own keys as you may want to pop it out again for various reasons.
    210K miles rolled

Quote Originally Posted by JSRS6 View Post
    Yes, it would eat it. Mild soap solution.
    Agree...I would NOT use WD40. Make sure the solution is hot to soften whatever is sticky.

just bought my baby new shoes...Michelin PS3, of course with XL rate...while the wheels were off i saw that the front inner axle boots are loosing some grease, though they're not cracked, i think the bracelets are loosen...going to change them anyway this Saturday as it's annoying, just got changed the outer boots last week..

Quote Originally Posted by mik15 View Post
    just bought my baby new shoes...Michelin PS3, of course with XL rate...while the wheels were off i saw that the front inner axle boots are loosing some grease, though they're not cracked, i think the bracelets are loosen...going to change them anyway this Saturday as it's annoying, just got changed the outer boots last week..
    Congratulations Mik, so happy for you, I remember how was my feeling when i first bought that beast few years ago, and had the same happiness every time I ride it
    "Aerodynamics are for people who cannot build engines"...... Enzo Ferrari

thanks Vangelis, maybe we can meet one of these days for a cup of coffee since we're both in UAE...do you know a good workshop in Abu Dhabi where i could get the inner boots changed? The only good ones i know are in Al Ain and Dubai, i will go there on Saturday, but if i could do it here would be better!
    Let me know if you have some ideas! Thx!

I used to do all work @ dealer Ali & Sons or MTM in Dubai only. But i think there is a very good garage in Abu Dhabi, I will check with friends and get back to you very soon with details. Let me know any time you coming to Dubai so we can get coffee and chat for sometime PMed you my cell
    "Aerodynamics are for people who cannot build engines"...... Enzo Ferrari

it would be great if you could guide me to a trusty workshop in Abu Dhabi, i know Capital Auto in Dubai which i heard is good...i will definitely call you when i get to Dubai ! Thanks a lot!

updates - the car is back in the workshop, again, it looks like she likes it being in there..., thank God it's just for simple maintenance and not because she failed on the road, so this time it's for the T-belt job and on top of that i am also changing one of the cooling fans, the one on the driver side as it's too noisy, probably the bearing is about to cease, i am changing the spark plugs and those thin vacuum hoses, theoretically i should pick her up tomorrow evening, 2 days should be enough for this job. I remember on my last Audi which was a 2.5TDI in Germany i did the T-belt to Audi dealer and it took them less than 6hrs to do it so 2 days for this workshop should be ok, the procedure it's the same!

as other posterrs have pointed out,make sure all rollers have new bolts. Also replace the thermostat and water pump while replacing the timing belt.

i am replacing the water pump and thermostat but regarding the bolts i have asked the mechanic and he said there is no need to replace them....i don't know what to say...definitely they're not expensive and i would do it if necessary, if you guys saying that i should i'll give him a call and tell him to change them as well...

^ Read the below thread. Run- don't walk- tell him to replace all of them.

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/22......?highlight=
    210K miles rolled

+1- very cheap peace of mind insurance to put in new bolts.

make sure that mechanic very aware of need to seat the MAF seals correctly when putting it all back together again, as improperly seated MAF seals are source of a lot of problems where work on rs6 engine has required the MAF removals to get at the part being worked on.

Meanhwile the T-belt job has been done, also while at it, i have changed the spark plugs, the vacuum hoses and one of the cooling fans. Since she was such good baby i have taken her to Zaino for a professional detailing, here are a few shots after the session, Zaino will shortly have some more professional photos and as soon as i get them i will post it here...they've rubbed off a bit the Audi sign on the engine cover but promised to repainted, probably because of the strong chemicals used...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7..jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	76.1 KB 
ID:	12113   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3..jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	78.7 KB 
ID:	12114   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12..jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	12115   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14..jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	12116   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8..jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	12117   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11..jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	12118  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10..jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	76.1 KB 
ID:	12119   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2..jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	12120   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1..jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	56.4 KB 
ID:	12121   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9..jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	61.6 KB 
ID:	12122  
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast