Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Seattle Beer Night

You may also want to check all of your grounds as well. To me it sounds like a bad connection somewhere and when cranking it is not able to give enough amps to the starter.

Do you want me to take some photos of my fuse block and other under the cowl stuff?
    2003 Daytona/Silver RS6

I would love a couple of pics if you have time. Just to the side of the Coolant Reservoir if you could where the right hand engine harness comes through the firewall and goes to the fuse block and Hot terminal for jump starting. Thanks.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Wow, Mark, I sure hope you're able to sort out your problem! I'm with Chung -- I'm hoping it's a bad connection somewhere, not a starter issue. Every time I've had a starter problem (on my RS6 and on an old Nova Super Sport I owned back in the early 80's) the car absolutely would not turn over under any circumstances and all I got were clicks.
    2003 RS6, Mugello Blue/Ebony - SOLD :-(
    2015 S5 Coupe, Mythos Black w/Black Optics package and an attitude

Talk about getting old... I went to take photos on my car and when I looked in my parting spot my car wasn't there. I forgot I took the bus. I will head home at lunch for the photos.
    2003 Daytona/Silver RS6

I'm out for tomorrow due to a conlaw final, but I'll try to make the 28th.
    2003 RS 6
    2001.5 S4
    1990 200
    1990 Lotus Esprit SE
    2002 F4i Racecar

Smileys are to Car Forums like the Bubonic Plague was to Europe...

Looks like I'm back in ) Of all things it was a ground issue. I didn't place the main Engine/Transmission cradle ground properly. I started to think that maybe something was draining the voltage since it was full at the cowl fuseblock, or that it was a ground issue and when I grounded my multimeter on the body frame instead of the engine or the Alternator itself I got full voltage. HOW STUPID of me, it is always the simple things. Plust the speedo is working fine after I actually plugged the connector in all the way. I took it for a couple mile drive and it doesn't sound much louder at all but with the Catless Milltek downpipes you can sure hear the whistle from the Turbo's. So after I pulled it in the shop I rechecked the tranny fluid again (it was a little low..1/2 qt) and rechecked the front & center diff's and all is well. I'll leave the belly pan off for now but it looks like I'm coming North tomorrow. I have an appointment with Truline at 2~2:30 and he said it will be a couple of hours so I'll definitely be at the pub by 5:00.
    Roy, WA

^Congrats on getting it sorted out! Enjoy the ride and the rewards of your toils!
    210K miles rolled

Yay Mark! Can't wait to see your refabbed beast!

So Chung and I got to see Mark's Great White Beast last night at Feierabend, and it is awesome! (And I think I heard the ozone layer weeping when he started it up and those catless Militek downpipes started rumbling!) Nice work, Mark!

The ozone may also have been in response to the CTS-V, RS4 and three RS6's outside. Greenpeace would have been mad.
    2003 Daytona/Silver RS6

Thanks Vitalian. I'm going to recheck my tranny fluid level today and then re-attach the Phaeton ducts and get the belly pan back on. Chung, lets definitely make some plans to check the vacuum lines on your car and get it straightened out. They just opened the new track in Shelton, check it out. http://www.ridgemotorsportspark.com/...on-washington/ and the new one in Bremerton is suppose to open next summer. Wow from one track in the area to three. Were going to be spoiled.
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by Chung View Post
    The ozone may also have been in response to the CTS-V, RS4 and three RS6's outside. Greenpeace would have been mad.
    Just a couple of Hemi Daytonas or roadrunners and GPOS would be praising those cars!
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Sounds like a good gathering, nice! Working on getting the Portland, OR one going someday here. Got some pics of the lineup?
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

In for the 28th.
    Topcat_92

I didn't take any pics and actually don't know who owned the CTV-V or the RS4.

lswing: I will be in Tigard hopefully the 19th (pre-season Blazers!) through christmas so if is falls in those dates, I can probably make a gathering.
    2003 Daytona/Silver RS6

Sorry I missed this one in Seattle (again). Someday work will line up for me to be there for a meet, greet, and beer!

Until then, I'd love a Portland meet if others are interested and have the time....
    '03 RS6: Ebony Black Pearl/Silver, CF interior. Eurocharged Stage 2 (amazing!), MTM TCU, LED tails, V1 radar (essential), 25% Carbon tint.

Poke...

Starting the drive up tomorrow at 6:01 AM PST with a quick and valuable drop off at Casa De Mobilia...
    Planned stop would be Sacramento (but I am hoping for Redding, CA)...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Ben, glad to hear the Sleigh is on its way!

Don't forget, Seattle-area peeps -- meet-n-greet for beers-n-gears Wednesday, Dec. 28th at 5:00 p.m. at Feierabend!