Thread: Audi A8L W12 - only available with two seats in rear

Audi A8L W12 - only available with two seats in rear

What the hell.....

The flag ship Audi A8L with W12 can only be ordered with seating for 4?

Audi HATES FAMILIES. That's got to be what it is.

Mike

Probably being marketed as an executive car vs. a family car. Large console in the rear also. 4 business men or a pair that is being chauffered around makes sense to some.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A8..jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	110.5 KB 
ID:	11995
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Negative Ghost Rider, 5-seat configuration is a no cost option check box under options and packages. It is selectable after selecting the w12.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Well I feel better now.. Audi does love families.
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

Yeah me too...i got scared there for a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Brav View Post
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Quote Originally Posted by Brav View Post
    If they REALLY loved families they would have sent us the RS6 Avant.....
    2003 RS6 Mugello Blue - mods? Whatever Ben does....

LMAO!

Did not see that option.

So for 130,000 you'd think the B&O would be the standard stereo!

So, would one of you rich guys buy one, drive it around for a few months, and then trade it in at the Binghamton, NY Audi dealership.....so I can pick it up used....yes, order ALL options and the seating for 5 please.

Mike

I'll be happy with what ever color you choose, as long as it's not red or yellow.

Ohhhhh, it'll be red AND yellow....

They will not take it in trade if it's really ugly!

I kept hoping to stumble on a loaded A8L (with normal rear seats) to make an offer, but they keep getting the kinda stripped ones in. They had three new A8L's on the lot last month. So I figure they'd like to sell one cheap! None with the B&O system. I'd like that. and the ventilated seats LOL!

I'm keeping an eye on the use car market for one, but few are bought loaded.

Mike

If you want to fit more than 2 people in the back of your A8L, and turn it from luxury saloon into sardine can ala economy cattle carrier class - well then, you go buy a Maybach. You can afford it after all, can't you?

NO SOUP FOR YOU.

It's very German to make a design decision like that. Almost like all the German cars of the 90s that didn't have cup holders - and when they finally gave us cup holders, they were useless, flimsy plastic things that would break or spill your drink if you ever attempted to use them. It's like the German way of saying, "stupid American, this is what you get for demanding this feature."

An A8L is a car, not for families. It's for the Austrian consul; for taking you, your date and possibly two others to the Opera. It's for Country Club duty, and for sitting in the reserved spot in the carpark with your name on it - your way of announcing to the proletariat masses that you've made it. Who cares about a third seat?
    Daily Drivers: 2002 Mercedes E55 AMG, Brilliant Silver, Autoadapt Menox control, hard-wired Valentine 1 | Ki Tsunami Titanium w/ Spinergy SPOX, Jay J2 Seatback, Jay J3 cushion, 2.5 degree camber

Damn you, soup nazi!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aronis View Post
    Audi HATES FAMILIES. That's got to be what it is.

So for 130,000 you'd think the B&O would be the standard stereo!

Audi HATES the POOR!

RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Quote Originally Posted by PixieVC View Post
    If you want to fit more than 2 people in the back of your A8L, and turn it from luxury saloon into sardine can ala economy cattle carrier class - well then, you go buy a Maybach. You can afford it after all, can't you?
    All Maybachs have only 2 seats in the back......
    S63TT

Quote Originally Posted by PixieVC View Post
    An A8L is a car, not for families. It's for the Austrian consul; for taking you, your date and possibly two others to the Opera. It's for Country Club duty, and for sitting in the reserved spot in the carpark with your name on it - your way of announcing to the proletariat masses that you've made it. Who cares about a third seat?

Then why not put a 2.0 liter turbo four in it instead of a big w12?

Mike

Cause then it wouldn't be opulent, Mike....sheesh.

Then why not put a 2.0 liter turbo four in it instead of a big w12?

Mike
    Defeats the purpose. The whole point of a car that is for the 1% and not for the 99%, for somebody who can afford to wipe their bottoms with $100 US notes is that, by definition, it must consume far more fuel and resources. A 2.0 liter Turbo four is the engine of the proletariat. A W12... that's an engine fit for royalty, that only royalty can afford to service, operate, and maintain.
    Daily Drivers: 2002 Mercedes E55 AMG, Brilliant Silver, Autoadapt Menox control, hard-wired Valentine 1 | Ki Tsunami Titanium w/ Spinergy SPOX, Jay J2 Seatback, Jay J3 cushion, 2.5 degree camber

Blah Blah Blah, if you can afford the A8L with some added stuff at about $100,000, then the W12 is not that far out of reach.

But this thread has become divergent from my original beef, I was shown to be wrong in that you can apparently configure the car with standard rear seating for three and I was wrong, Audi must like families of 5.....

But the seating in the Q7 is another situation.....they must love third row passengers who have no legs. LOL...

Mike