Thread: BMW M5 F10 0-300 km/h

Dash BMW M5 F10 0-300 km/h

There's no other words but crazy fast for this thing.

Very fast!

But there is one thing I don't like - the lack of "100" and "200" on the speedo. Why? Why? Why?
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Wow, that truly is insale acceleration for a 4 door sedan...this M5 really appears to be an amazing car, I hope Audi picks up the glove and delivers something equally, if not more, amazing.

Saludos!

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Very fast!

But there is one thing I don't like - the lack of "100" and "200" on the speedo. Why? Why? Why?
    I noticed that to. Weird!

The acceleration is mind-blowing. It has recorded a official 12,4 sec 0-200 km/h time. And clocked on this video the 0-300 km/h is somewhere 32-33 seconds, should be under 35 seconds with a real measurement.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruergard View Post
    I noticed that to. Weird!

The acceleration is mind-blowing. It has recorded a official 12,4 sec 0-200 km/h time. And clocked on this video the 0-300 km/h is somewhere 32-33 seconds, should be under 35 seconds with a real measurement.
    The gauntlet has well and truly been thrown down to Audi, this video is kind of saying 'out the back if you think your RS6 is tough enough'.

I actually doubt if the RS6 will be capable of approaching this kind of acceleration cause it's truly biblical. To put its acceleration in perspective the Ferrari 458 take 23 seconds to increase its speed from 200km/h to 300km/h, the M5 is doing it in little over 20 seconds if the speedo is accurate.
    Hanging the tail out is Vanity
    but choosing AWD is Sanity

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    The gauntlet has well and truly been thrown down to Audi, this video is kind of saying 'out the back if you think your RS6 is tough enough'.

I actually doubt if the RS6 will be capable of approaching this kind of acceleration cause it's truly biblical. To put its acceleration in perspective the Ferrari 458 take 23 seconds to increase its speed from 200km/h to 300km/h, the M5 is doing it in little over 20 seconds if the speedo is accurate.
    Yes, Audi has something to think about for the next RS6.

Wait until this thing is unleashed with an exhaust and upgraded ecu. It will fly...

V8 Biturbo...familliar teritory...come on Audi, we know you can do it better

It's fast but what is so bizarre in it? MTM RS6 did 0-200km/h in 11sec. 3 years ago with only an ECU remap and sports exhaust. I don't really see any reasons to worry about.
    5 Audis so far...currently:
    2007 Audi A4 B7 2.0 TDI Multitronic

Quote Originally Posted by Toto89 View Post
    It's fast but what is so bizarre in it? MTM RS6 did 0-200km/h in 11sec. 3 years ago with only an ECU remap and sports exhaust. I don't really see any reasons to worry about.
    Let me see, are we talking about the 5.0v10twin turbo RS6 with an ECU remap and exhaust?

Toto this is hardly the same thing as expecting an engine that 1.0L down in capacity and minus 2 cylinders achieving similar results cause it ain't going to happen. Best you can expect from the RS6 is to get within 3-4 seconds of the 0-300km/h this M5 did cause it won't have any less weight to haul around and it will be powering twice the number of diffs and wheels, we don't even know whether it will have S-Tronic.

Give me the RS6 anyday but I can't believe for one minute believe it will be this quick, no way.
    Hanging the tail out is Vanity
    but choosing AWD is Sanity

Quote Originally Posted by Toto89 View Post
    Yes. But this is a standard M5. 560hp and putting down a 0-300 km/h time in about the same as a 730hp MTM RS6. There is something to "worry" about for an Audi fan.

Is the speedo accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by Z07 View Post
    Is the speedo accurate?
    Now. Ofcourse the time will be a bit slower than the (Someone clocked it to on the video.) 32.7 seconds. But even if we ad two seconds it's extremely fast. If I'm not mistaken tuned RS6s have been putting down 34 second runs till 300 km/h?

Edit: The MTM RS6 did 33.5 seconds 0-300 km/h at Papenburg in a real test.
    Last edited by Ruergard; November 30th, 2011 at 20:13.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/f10...anamera-s.html

Latest group test from EVO including the M5, E63 PP etc.

Hmm, only marginally faster than the auto Merc. Slower from 60-120mph. Looks like the M5 wins dynamically though but then, who buys these cars for dynamics?