Thread: Crazy new diesel from BMW.

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by AndyBG View Post
    Several days ago there was statement from Mgmbh about these cars, and they were saying how those aren't M cars... bla, bla, bla...

What worries me more is why Audi isn't first with some high performance diesel quattro car!
    You mean like the Q7 V12 TDI, it has the performance of the proposed X6 M50d or whatever it will be called, or are you talking about a sedan? Before Audi introduced the twin turbo V6 TDI A6 the magazines were calling it the S6 TDI. Certainly this will be quicker than the closest Audi version but performance wise it will be around what the 550i is.

Quote Originally Posted by chewym View Post
    You mean like the Q7 V12 TDI, it has the performance of the proposed X6 M50d or whatever it will be called, or are you talking about a sedan? Before Audi introduced the twin turbo V6 TDI A6 the magazines were calling it the S6 TDI. Certainly this will be quicker than the closest Audi version but performance wise it will be around what the 550i is.
    I don't want to count Q7 V12 TDI in that its just to heavy and to big!
    A6 3.0 TTDI has arrived now, while BMW have 535d (3.0l biturbo) for some eight years now!
    Current 535d, F10, is at same level as that new A6 with 3.0 twin turbo diesel, both having 313 hp.
    550d will be in totally another league, much higher!

BTW..., another ''tease'' video from BMW...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DmNB...layer_embedded