Thread: Cross post AZ C5 RS6 Avant in New York - with photo

No 1 Cross post AZ C5 RS6 Avant in New York - with photo

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...d-Thornwood-NY

If this is real, then there IS a glimmer of hope...
    Anyone in the NY DOT or DMV that can run a license plate? NY FFJ 5218

SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

That's a conversion, if that was real rs6 the license plate in the hatch would be for euro plate not for us plate.

I think the VIN would tell the real story, along with a look under the skirt
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by rs6queens View Post
    That's a conversion, if that was real rs6 the license plate in the hatch would be for euro plate not for us plate.
    why convert to a wagon?... wagons a fugly

Probably an S6...

But, the US license plate panel from an S6 is a drop in replacement to a real RS 6 hatch FWIW.
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement

There was a thread years ago on AudiWorld.com that showed an RS6 conversion from sedan to avant. Had step by step photo's of the process. If I recall correctly, it was done in the NE and was silver.

To each their own, but I think the Avants are gorgeous. I had an Amulet Red S6 Avant prior to my RS6 and loved the uber-stealth aspect. Only wish it had the wider fender flares of our cars.

Jim
    Kansas City

Quote Originally Posted by marklar182 View Post
    Probably an S6...

But, the US license plate panel from an S6 is a drop in replacement to a real RS 6 hatch FWIW.
    Yes but why would you change that, if I had rs6 avant I would wanna keep it original

Quote Originally Posted by rs6queens View Post
    Yes but why would you change that, if I had rs6 avant I would wanna keep it original
    It might be a DOT or NTSHA checklist for import?

Ben, I almost certain it's a conversion. I think there is a thread on NE forum on AZ of the build.
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

I love the idea of a steroid pumped wagon... I wish the RS6 Avant was here, hence the Vagon.
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Quote Originally Posted by speedtrapped View Post
    I love the idea of a steroid pumped wagon... I wish the RS6 Avant was here, hence the Vagon.
    Wouldn't have guessed

I did love my subie wagon, but the sedan is growing on me...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

The folks at Shokan in NY have a real one, they had it dis-assembled and shipped over in parts then they put it all back together ! Tho I think they run theirs with a dealer plate.

It could be Joe Pizzo's 02' clone? Was this sighting around Westchester? He's a big ole' bagadonuts Italien tho (luv ya' Joe if you see this) ...odd that he would have a roof rack for anything relating to sports.
    SOLD ! 2003 RS6 Mugello/Silver -MTM
    2001 allroad 6-speed (300K+), 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E, 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63, 2010 BMW X3, 1986 16V Scirocco, 2005 Mercedes E55 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    The folks at Shokan in NY have a real one, they had it dis-assembled and shipped over in parts then they put it all back together ! Tho I think they run theirs with a dealer plate.

It could be Joe Pizzo's 02' clone? Was this sighting around Westchester? He's a big ole' bagadonuts Italien tho (luv ya' Joe if you see this) ...odd that he would have a roof rack for anything relating to sports.
    To me, it looks like either a dog (german chepard) or a hat in the drivers side shadow...

A few years ago, there was a article in a magazine with a guy in ny cutting up a a6 wagon and a rs6 and piecing them together and making a rs6 wagon out of it. That car was silver. Maybe the same one.
    03 rs6 dahlback 461 awd hp 530 tq. 12.2 118 gone
    01 rs4
    Rs6 avant loba 6sp

Spam much?
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Quote Originally Posted by JSRS6 View Post
    Spam much?
    Gone. Thanks
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail