Thread: Rain instrusion.. from On Star?

Rain instrusion.. from On Star?

Sunroof was closed.. roof gutter trim slightly lifted, as it periodically does.. how did this happen? weather seal looks good on sunroof. Is it possible that the rubber has shrunk JUST enough?

Rained last night, and I was getting drips on my face while making a swift right hander..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0972..jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	11973  
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

Don't remember the exact details, but there are drain holes in the recces around the sunroof area. They could be blocked, which would probably cause your issue. I believe they are supposed to be cleaned periodically to keep them free of debris..............
    03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.

no coat hangers... there was a rash of this about 2 years ago...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

I had the same thing happen about a month ago. I think what happened is that the car was sitting and wasn't able to drain at a particular angle. When I started to drive I had it briefly then it stopped.

The sunroof gasket looks fine but a little dry. I went over it with some Nero rubber dressing. I also poured water down the two drains to ensure it does indeed drain. The drains worked fine so I still chalk it up to pooling when parked at a certain angle then spirited driving doesn't give the drains a chance to drain all the water properly
    -Greg
    2003 RS6