Thread: I'm back in White!!

I'm back in White!!

I know, here I go again. I traded the 03 E55 with 600 miles on it for a white RS6. All I can say, is what a difference. I can honestly say that the Audi, handles better, is smoother, and feels tighter than the E55. The Benz was more luxurious, but gave up a lot of the sport other than the engine power. In the short time I owned the E55 I never felt connected.

Once again, an expensive lesson, but the discount I got on the RS6 was incredible, and though I was not sure, the car looks terrific in white. I included a set of the Audi winter wheels/tire package in the deal. They are expected in a week or so.

If I knew how to post pictures on here I would.

At any rate it is good to be back on board the board.

Re: I'm back in White!!

Originally posted by 2manycars
    If I knew how to post pictures on here I would.
    Welcome back! (again)

Send any pics to erikb@rs6.com and I'll host them.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Welcome back, nice to see that you weren't gone for too long!

2manycars,

Welcome back and cant wait to see the pics. My local dealer had a white one special ordered but I dont know if it was the same white as the race cars. I will be intrested to see.

Also your experience and insight between the E55 and RS6 is very intresting.

once again for 2many

Bauer

07 A4 2.0T quattro STaSIS Challenge Package
    03 RS6 She will be missed
    01 S8
    01 S4 Stage 3 with KO4 turbos, RS4 intercoolers, Revolver cams, STaSIS close ratio gearbox, STaSIS rear LSD, STaSIS 4:1 center diff, STaSIS Motorsports, STaSIS front and rear race control arms, STaSIS motor mounts, Alcon 6 piston, Clutch Master stage 4 6 puck clutch, AWE fueling kit, RS4 bumperRecaro's.... etc, etc, etc

Welcome back! When are you buying the 360?

way cool

Glad to have you back.

White really kicks arse!

Another comment on the E55 versus the RS6. Another one of the annoyances in the E55 was tyhe fact that their "paddles" were totally inoperative unless you put the car in manual mode. I like the fact that I can do a fast dowshift withthe paddles without having to change the transmission setting.

Though I do ffel the RS6 is overpriced, it is a much better value, at least to me, because of the enjoyment I get from it.

In the E55's defense, I will say it had a much better resale then the RS6 did. I paid 78K for the Benz, and my dealer gave me 72K for the car which had almost 700 miles on it. That coupled with the rather large discount, made this almost a (pardon the cliche') no brainer.