Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Front License Plate Idea DIY

4everRS,
    First I have to say your car looks sweet! I have a question regarding your tires.....what size are you currently running? I have 03 rs6 with 255/35/19's and I'm looking into 255/40/19's but I'm not sure if they will fit.

Thanks. I need to post new pics as I've done a couple small visual items.

I have 255/35-19. That is the exact same diameter as stock. A 255/40-19 will likely work, but your speedo will be 3.8% off. Your speedo will show 3.8% less than your actually traveling. I would stick to 255/35-19 if your on a 8 or 8.5 inch wide rim.

A 9.5" rim with the right offset will allow you to run 275's. Thats a whole different set of numbers to deal with.

BTW, welcome to the forum.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Important tip, magnets are directional...dohhhhh!! And 4everRS how did you get the two magnets up high without taking the bumper off??

Quote Originally Posted by 905084 View Post
    Important tip, magnets are directional...dohhhhh!! And 4everRS how did you get the two magnets up high without taking the bumper off??
    Reference the pictures on page 1. I applied the superglue on the magnet, got it up the backside of the bumper cover as far as I could, then using a magnet on the feint of the bumper, I slide them up the backside of the bumper cover, to the desired position. Leave them sit there til the glue dries.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats