Thread: A car review that says it all.. (eCoty 2011)

YouTube A car review that says it all.. (eCoty 2011)

I can understand why that car won and why Porsche has won so many times.

It narrowly won.

The MP4-12C got a glowing review too:

From the magazine:

eCOTY 2011 -
    "utterly engaging, ludicrously wieldy and fast; a car to show up all the shortcomings of the 458."

"It was so close," said Green, "Even if it had been on the standard (steel) brakes, it might have won."

Strangely they hated the Aventador???

Quote Originally Posted by Z07 View Post
    It narrowly won.

Strangely they hated the Aventador???
    Yes. The McLarens review isn't bad either. BUT the glow in the eyes and the smile on the face isn't there as when he's driving the Porsche.

I'm gonna pick up an issue asap and read the whole review.

The Aventador has surely got some mixed reviews. From my view it's a stunning car with extreme performance. But for some it isn't a V12 Lambo in the same way anymore, some don't like the gearbox. But I find it strange as well..

Umm.... true, but you do have to understand that Harris has owned several Porsches and driven in an endurance cup for Porsche. He knows how to drive the 911. The 12C was probably also a little too fast for him to be smiling. It's also difficult to smile when you're shitting yourself. This nicely puts things in perspective.

Umm.... true, but you do have to understand that Harris has owned several Porsches and driven in an endurance cup for Porsche. He knows how to drive the 911. The 12C was probably also a little too fast for him to be smiling. It's also difficult to smile when you're shitting yourself. This nicely puts things in perspective.
    Ofcourse. I like the McLaren as well. Don't think anything else.

I'm not going to read that until I've picked up my own copy of the magazine.

(My guess before I saw the results actually was that the McLaren or the Aventador would take this one home.)

I knew from history that the 911 would win but frankly I'd have any car they tested and be happy with it.

TBH I think it's madness to compare 2 cars that are so completely different. It really is like comparing the proverbial apple to the proverbial orange. They're both great at what they were intended to be.

I knew from history that the 911 would win but frankly I'd have any car they tested and be happy with it.

TBH I think it's madness to compare 2 cars that are so completely different. It really is like comparing the proverbial apple to the proverbial orange. They're both great at what they were intended to be.
    So would I. Amazing cars all of them.