Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Traction control light

Engine codes are no worries as typical for chipped car and as 4everRS said that is the max Group 3 will show for the MAF. The bad news is that the chipping may have increased your power enough to over strain your current tranny or T.C. Have you ever done Vagcom logs under full boost runs prior to chipping? I was able to get over 2000mb with my car with Revo (using the SPS select tool) and getting no tranny codes ( had my spare tranny & T.C. Rebuilt anyways while the engine/tranny were out of the car). My car only had half the mileage on the tranny as yours, actually 67K. I will probably sell my original tranny to someone someday but would still recommend the buyer to have it rebuilt for the fact that it's too much work pulling one and reinstalling. I would clear the codes and do another run or two but definitely run logs 3, 31, & 115 without the car being real hot but fully warmed and see what re-appears. You know that 145K is getting high for the tranny even though the engine has a way to go.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    Not sure about those Maf codes. Have you replaced them recently?

I assume that spreadsheet in post #15 is also in 4th gear. Could you post a 3rd gear pull? (props to the 4th gear pull to redline, ...must have some nice open roads)

How long has the gear recognition signal been rearing its ugly head? Gives me bad feelings.
    the redline pull in 15 is in 3rd gear. The one in 14 was 4th.

Havent ever replaced them, got the car with around 90k on clock. I dont recall seeing that in the service history.

Gear recognition signal has been intermittent, always from ABS block. The trans has been extremely smooth and problem free ever since I had a flush/fill with BND fluids, and the MTM TCU. Never skips a beat. In all my logs, I have never seen any torque reduction from trans or strange trans codes.
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    Engine codes are no worries as typical for chipped car and as 4everRS said that is the max Group 3 will show for the MAF. The bad news is that the chipping may have increased your power enough to over strain your current tranny or T.C. Have you ever done Vagcom logs under full boost runs prior to chipping? I was able to get over 2000mb with my car with Revo (using the SPS select tool) and getting no tranny codes ( had my spare tranny & T.C. Rebuilt anyways while the engine/tranny were out of the car). My car only had half the mileage on the tranny as yours, actually 67K. I will probably sell my original tranny to someone someday but would still recommend the buyer to have it rebuilt for the fact that it's too much work pulling one and reinstalling. I would clear the codes and do another run or two but definitely run logs 3, 31, & 115 without the car being real hot but fully warmed and see what re-appears. You know that 145K is getting high for the tranny even though the engine has a way to go.
    I have had the gear recognition signal for a while as stated. Intermittent, never throws CEL. I dont think (hope) its the trans, since its been so smooth, and no actual trans codes, until this one now:

18258 - Powertrain Data Bus: Missing Message from ECU
    P1850 - 003 - Mechanical Failure - Intermittent

I dont even know what that means.. its a duplicate of one from ABS block more or less. Missing message from ECU..? maybe i have some kind of wiring problem with a sensor?

My trans had a new updated TC put in at about 80k miles from the dealer. Its def not original, but the trans itself is.
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..

Wish I could help with the Missing Message issue.

Your boost is bleeding off too much. I just took a close look at some of my logs as well as logs from Randy's car and a Eurocharged log from a while back. There is no where near that difference from 4k to 6k RPM like the log in post 15. My guess is Diverters, but it could be IC's leaking A LOT as well. Visually inspect the IC's for signs of oil. If not I think a set of DV's may be in order.

Your turbos are working harder than they should be to make of for the lost pressure. I say keep your foot out of it until this is resolved.

Regarding the Maf's. I would remove the airbox and try some maf cleaner and reinstall. While the airbox is off, I would take out the oring seals and clean them up good.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

You know what is strange, the boost bleed seemed to be intermittent before. Maybe its cause I was in limp mode half the time maxing out around 1450mb, and now with a chip its way more apparent. Will do as you suggested. Do you recommend just replacing the MAF seals while I am in there?

Its probably best given your mileage, but there like 90 bucks each. If it were me, I'd probably just clean them up with some brake cleaner, as well as carefully clean the inlet tubes they sit on. Obviously, if they are damaged, you'll have to replace them.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Just my quick observance, if you think you may have IC leaks, and just turned up the boost with a tune, then wouldn't that increase the IC leaks messing with the system? Also you have good air filters in? Just a few quick ideas, best of luck with the troubleshooting.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I air filters are OEM, new in January this year. They tested the DV valves, were stock but said to be good..