Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Custom IC hoses?

Custom IC hoses?

I'm starting to get frustrated with my vennairs. My passenger side continues to pop off. I have wagners and actually think the way the IC was mounted may be a tad off?, driver side never pops off. I use constant TQ clamps. But the vennairs could be 1/2" longer. I run a lot of boost, and I need to get this buttoned up. Any ideas?
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Quote Originally Posted by speedtrapped View Post
    I'm starting to get frustrated with my vennairs. My passenger side continues to pop off. I have wagners and actually think the way the IC was mounted may be a tad off?, driver side never pops off. I use constant TQ clamps. But the vennairs could be 1/2" longer. I run a lot of boost, and I need to get this buttoned up. Any ideas?
    How much boost ? Are You sure clamps are OK ? My venairs are rock soid with stock clamps. Are You sure there is no oil or something that 'helps' clamps to jump off ?

I run 23psi.....funny I may try stock clamps, only because the width of the clamp is narrower the Tbolt or TQ clamps....the Wagner has a very large lip, once hose is slid over, there is barely enough hose to clamp once over lip.
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Stock + venair

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5..jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	11886

Stephen, I had to resort to this, as did someone else on here recently. For the lower hose on the ic side, use a worm clamp after cleaning it up. Loosen the clamp on the ic pipe side. Tighten clamp and hose onto ic, then re-tighten on pipe side.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

ok....sounds like a DIY for saturday...Ty fellas

Make sure you clean the inside of the hose with some brake fluid to get all of the oil off of it, and you might even try roughing the surface up a touch with some sandpaper, but you want the hose surface right there to be dry and oil free.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

My passenger lower IC hose is an ongoing problem... No, neither the intercooler outlet or charge pipe are bent, no, I'm not installing incorrectly.

It will go months with no problem, then POP! Off it goes again. Have tried multiple combinations of hoses and clamps, the best in my experience is a clean stock clamp and hose, perfectly aligned. (Degrease the worm screw, degrease hose and pipes, take time to ensure correct radial orientation on the charge pipe/intercooler, use a socket, not a screwdriver to torque the clamps.)

Silcone hoses do not seem to help much, my theory is that the hoses themselves are too ductile -- under heat and load they deform and balloon out before the clamp, then pop out from under it. Seems like a slightly longer and stiffer hose would be a good thing... there's got to be something out there that could be adapted.

I'm thinking at 20+ psi you're going to going to have ongoing problems...

yeah...really the vennairs are just a hair short...and like i said, the thinkness of the wagners metal, overall diametter is a little greater then stock. I am going to ask carsten if he has a suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by speedtrapped View Post
    thats why i made new longer hoses... OEM Hoses are poping even from OEM Intercoolers, lower ones are juist a bit to short

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/22...ses-and-clamps

oh, and these are now in Stock at our new California Based Shop... so shipping will be faster and Cheaper

http://www.wagner-tuning.com/AUDI-RS...-Kit_p_45.html

ahhhhh.....Then I guess i dont need a response back from Wagner tuning....TYVM

Who's better then Wagner!....literally responds to our thread....then call my cell to make sure I knew they had a solution.....got luv that customer service. Ok, not only do I have a set of HB DV's for sale, I have a used set of venairs, Red...sell cheap

Excellent... will be giving these a try soon

I chatted with Venaiar before ordering hoses last week. Guy said they just build to spec but would really like customer input to improve the hoses, give them a call. They also do custom for a decent price.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Www.turbohoses.com I believe they will make a custom hose for you....just send them the old hose and tell them exactly how much longer you want it to be.
    91' NSX Turbo 700whp/550tq
    03' RS6 550ish bhp/tq
    09' R8 :-)

Hi Ron..meh I'll take Carsten expertise, since he made the IC's, he called me immediately today from Germany and explained their version fits perfect. Now if I could send them one hose then I guess that makes sense. The wagners are the same price as the venair....$235.00 delivered.

Can't say I blame you....lol. I didn't read through the entire thread just the first one or two replies before I posted.
    91' NSX Turbo 700whp/550tq
    03' RS6 550ish bhp/tq
    09' R8 :-)