Thread: Rebuilt title but worth a look for someone?

Rebuilt title but worth a look for someone?

2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Haha, guy says he is not sure why it has a rebuilt title. Just look at the second pic of the front of the car. Everything is misaligned. Looks screwy from the front...
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

what does a clean rebuilt title or salvage title rs6 normally go for with decent miles? I was thinking less than the buy it now price but that's just what i was thinking.
    also how much would you see a parts car go for?

Anywhere from 5-10k less than a comparable rs6 with a clean title, depending on the reason for the title issue. Parts car, assuming all is there, about half of normal value, maybe a little less.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

front energy absorption bar which the bumper cover mounts to is bent in and down a bit; you'd need lasers to see if the chassis itself was twisted. If that checked out, it could be worth it.

edit: looks worse, whoever rebuilt the front didn't exactly do the best work. Could be just the pics, but note the front carbon fiber cover looks newer than the airbox - I think the car took a pretty heavy frontal impact. That brings into question whether all the plumbing up front was redone correctly.
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

yup45678

I know that when I look at the front of the engine with the hood open, I can barely see my Y-pipe. They probaby didn't fit the core support right, which puts everything else off.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Dion just sold his salvaged title rs6, flooded inside car, so just interior and TCU replaced, 60k something miles, $14k
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

I paid $17,500 for mine with 46k miles. It was a front end hit but put together nicely, although I did have to get the paint freshened because there were runs all over the bumper and fenders. Must have been a quickie. Since the purchase I've replaced rotors and pads all around, fixed a coolant leak and had the front end aligned. Even though it's an R-Title, I'm pretty happy, and the money I saved vs. buying a clean title car just goes into cool things like intakes, coil overs, carbon interior, etc.

Just be careful...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0012..jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	101.7 KB 
ID:	11849Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0015..jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	72.2 KB 
ID:	11848Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0013..jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	11847Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0014..jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	11846

I bought mine from a friend for $18k. It had 35,200 on the clock, and I talked with someone who knows the previous owner. It has been Dahlbach tuned and we replaced the timing belt and water pump as well. It is not perfect or all put together exactly stock. It is actually better in a few aspects I think. We added a plate type trans cooler, nixed the IC radiators and plumbing, and used stainless braided hose for the oil cooler lines where they had been crushed.

Well worth it in my book. Mark has seen it. I would like to get some better wheels, as the front wheels were bent and my friend put some wheels off of a 2001 S8 on it, so they are only 8" wide.

Certainly have to be careful and check out a rebuilt\salvage title car thoroughly though.

WUAPV64BX3N904950

So potential buyers will see this on Google, ect.
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement