Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rolling fenders?

Rotiform MIA 19x10. Don't remember his offset, it should be the ones around 30 offset.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Quote Originally Posted by repda503 View Post
    How can you tell?

I tried looking under the car and I'm definitely not rubbing on the outermost screw. It seems like the rubbing happens on the inside of the wheel deep inside by the fenders when I turn the wheels entirely. When I stick my hand on the perimeter of the wheel, my fingers can't even get through the clearance. Could this be caused by spacers? With stock rims and stock tires, I don't think its that my car is too low either.

Oh BTW Ben my VIN is WAUPV64B43N905740. Hope I didn't get one of your guyses old ones? I Carfaxed it and it comes from VA Beach and through PA.
    I had a rubbing issue on right hand turns-near full lock deep inside the fender, running 19" OEM european rims and tyres. it turned out that the fender liner was not sitting flush against the body- had bulged out of shape a little after i had the wagner intercoolers installed. i fixed it with a couple of shallow screws through the high point of the fender liner into the body. No problems with the front left hand liner as it is still in shape and sits where it is supposed to be and not rubbing on tyre on full lefthand lock.
    Last edited by aussie rs6; September 29th, 2011 at 20:30.

How can you tell?

I tried looking under the car and I'm definitely not rubbing on the outermost screw. It seems like the rubbing happens on the inside of the wheel deep inside by the fenders when I turn the wheels entirely. When I stick my hand on the perimeter of the wheel, my fingers can't even get through the clearance. Could this be caused by spacers? With stock rims and stock tires, I don't think its that my car is too low either.

Oh BTW Ben my VIN is WAUPV64B43N905740. Hope I didn't get one of your guyses old ones? I Carfaxed it and it comes from VA Beach and through PA.
    When did the carfax have it in va beach?

Yeah it was a typo. Or at least I hope it is because I look under the hood and see a V8 biturbo screaming at me WUA is what is was supposed to be.

I'm having my mechanic take a look at it on Monday. I will let you guys know what he says! Thanks for the help everybody.
    Yours was on the list but no information except for exterior color and nothing else..
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

one could always trim the plastic instead of rolling the fenders~
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

Quote Originally Posted by JSRS6 View Post
    When did the carfax have it in va beach?
    Carfax had it in va beach in 2004/05

Kismet - good idea. I will see if I can fix it without the dremel first, but if all else fails...

ah, Dremel....I would die without mine!
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

Quote Originally Posted by Jimkrell View Post
    I'm in PDX, too, and have a somewhat recently acquired RS6. I'm in NW/Forest Heights area, so if you're in that neck of the woods you may see me in my black beast. If there are any others around, we should meet up for a beer like the cool kids do in Seattle....
    Jim, I've added him and you to my friends list to get this meet going someday. Also the other guy in PDX with the silver. Working on it...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com