Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Source for Hella smoked tails?

Question Source for Hella smoked tails?

I'm interested in changing my tail lights and have always thought that the smoked Hellas were best looking on Daytona. When I bought the car it was between the one I have and a mugello. I liked the LEDs on the blue, but smoked on the gray.

Anyone have a better source than ECS? I'd even be willing to buy used if someone decided they didn't like the look and took them off.

TIA
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

I got mine on eBay. Love em.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Agreed- I think they look great.
    210K miles rolled

Quote Originally Posted by JSRS6 View Post
    I got mine on eBay. Love em.
    Josh, I can't find them anywhere on ebay. I see a depo brand that are LED, but not hella. Do you have a link?
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

I looked today, there aren't any on there at the moment. I will do a little digging and find the seller for you tonight.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

If you can wait til the weekend, I'll send you a pic of my backside (well, my car's backside.) I've got Daytona and smoked, and I'm thinking about changing to LED. If you like the look, you can make me an offer.

Here is mine with the smoked lights. A little to gangsta for me but that is how the car came.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4e..jpg 
Views:	276 
Size:	118.2 KB 
ID:	11776
    2003 Daytona/Silver RS6

bmlee, let me know if you decide to go LED.

Chung, we could trade? I pay shipping?

Sure, if i don't have to remove the engine to change the tail lights.
    2003 Daytona/Silver RS6

That would be awesome! Seriously, the only thing easier to remove on this car is the gas cap. Four 10mm nuts and a harness. Remove side panel and look back there. On the drivers side you'll have to slide out the jack kit to have better access.

I could send them overnight and have you do the same to minimize downtime for me. No downtime for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chung View Post
    Sure, if i don't have to remove the engine to change the tail lights.

Quote Originally Posted by Chung View Post
    Here is mine with the smoked lights. A little to gangsta for me but that is how the car came.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4e..jpg 
Views:	276 
Size:	118.2 KB 
ID:	11776
    Love the way this looks on Daytona , please advise if anyone has an extra set for sale or if anyone sees Hella Smoked Tails on ebay Thx!
    Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, Hotchkiss Front & Rear Sway Bars, Koni Yellow's

Am I the only one who doesn't think this is the best option? I went with solid red..
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

Quote Originally Posted by Brav View Post
    Am I the only one who doesn't think this is the best option? I went with solid red..
    I am partial to the LED - the brighter the better! Now if I could only program it to flash like the Veyron...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    I am partial to the LED - the brighter the better! Now if I could only program it to flash like the Veyron...
    Speaking of which, where is my birthday Veyron?

Smile

It's parked right next to your Birthday Space Shuttle and your Birthday Time Machine, I think...
    2003 RS6, Mugello Blue/Ebony - SOLD :-(
    2015 S5 Coupe, Mythos Black w/Black Optics package and an attitude

Quote Originally Posted by vitalian View Post
    It's parked right next to your Birthday Space Shuttle and your Birthday Time Machine, I think...
    I just checked, and it is definitely NOT anywhere near Endeavor or Hot Tub Time Machine.

Quote Originally Posted by JSRS6 View Post
    Speaking of which, where is my birthday Veyron?
    um, well my birthday veyron is 3 days before yours...
    Perhaps you would like the one at symbolicmotors.com? $2.3M
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared