Thread: MTM Tuning

Question MTM Tuning

Considering the MTM 500BHP conversion on my RS6 Avant with Quattro Sports in the UK.

Can anyone who has had this conversion either in the UK or Germany/elsewhere give me there impressions?

Re: MTM Tuning

Originally posted by RS6Fan
    Considering the MTM 500BHP conversion on my RS6
    Me too -- except mine is a U.S. sedan & the MTM hp quoted here is 510. But I hope we get feedback from both sides of the pond.

I visited Joe Hoppen's MTM facility here in SW Florida yesterday -- was impressed with him & his impeccable credentials as former head of motorsports for North America VW/Audi/Porsche. Anyhow, he made a pretty strong statement. I can't recall the exact words, but in response to my question he basically said his MTM chips have never caused an Audi problem -- or maybe it was Audi warranty problem. (Please advise, forum folk, if you know different...before I commit to the $2600 chip price.)

Also was impressed by the fact the the nearby dealer works well with him & in fact will install some of his aftermarket products (tho not a chip). Service writer there said that of 5 or so chip-related turbo failures he's seen, none were MTM.

Hoppen says he has installed 6 RS6 chips so far. That's about all I know for now.

Just a warning.

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread....&threadid=2791

The dealer will always blame it on the chip. True or not true, if they don't pay it on warranty guess who's paying?
    I got out alive since the dealer put CAR + CHIP on the same invoice, plus the dealer was nice.

MB tuners like Kleemann take over the factory warranty. Whenever will that happen to Audi?

That being said, let the FUN begin!

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/?domain...y.php?id=38232

RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail