Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looks to me that somebody got a pretty nice RS6 on EBay for not a lot of $$ ($17,600)

Looks to me that somebody got a pretty nice RS6 on EBay for not a lot of $$ ($17,600)

This looked like a pretty nice RS6 to me. Did it belong to any forum member, or was there any history on the car?

Don't know how long the link will work. Basically a Mugello over black sedan, with built in radar, and an Alpine combo Nav and sound system that looked pretty nice.

Looked to have been well taken care of. Sold in Syracuse, NY; don't know where the car actually lived!

VIN WUAPV64B43N904958

Find it at http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_W0QQ...KQ3aMEWAXQ3aIT
    2003 RS6, Mugello/Silver, MTM Stage 1 ECM, and TCM mod, Abt 19 inch wheels for summer, stock 18s for winter, RS6+ Pedals INSTALLED! 2Bennett coilover system, 2Bennett front brakes; DRC gone!

this has to be the floor.
    2003 RS6 Avus - MTM Cat Back - HRE M40s - Sway - Kenwood DNX 9960

I have seen that car on here before... is it 10SecS4's?
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

To the second poster......please elaborate......what do you mean "This has to be the floor"?

The opposite of the ceiling. Referring to price for our cars.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Iirc, 10SecS4's Mugello RS6 had over 200K miles on it. I think this is a different car. Not knowing the details of this car, it looks like the buyer got a steal...

JSRS6- Thanks, I thought that was what you meant.

Anyone have anymore info on this car? I know the new owner quite well and if there are any details that could assist with new ownership it would surely be appreciated.

If you google that VIN it seems that it's up for sale now for 5 grand more that that ebay price

I know the car. It was what got me started on the RS6 kick...my mechanic suggested I get it. But then I found my current car through a coworker for 14k and 57k miles! Albeit needed some TLC.

The shop had picked it up at auction for 18.5, I believe and they have sat on it for awhile. They were originally asking 23.5 for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    I have seen that car on here before... is it 10SecS4's?
    I own the car you're thinking of. It now has 225K and still pushes down the 1/4 in a solid 12 or less depending on conditions.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by The RS6 View Post
    If you google that VIN it seems that it's up for sale now for 5 grand more that that ebay price
    Interesting that the dealer seemed to need to get out from under the car so badly, apparently willing to pass on potential $5k more that the new owner (another dealer??) seems to think they will get.

Of course, interest rates are pretty low, so the carrying cost to the dealer for a car at this price isn't really that high, say around $60 or 70 per month on the interest.
    2003 RS6, Mugello/Silver, MTM Stage 1 ECM, and TCM mod, Abt 19 inch wheels for summer, stock 18s for winter, RS6+ Pedals INSTALLED! 2Bennett coilover system, 2Bennett front brakes; DRC gone!

This one was relisted like 5 times before it sold. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_W0QQ...KQ3aMEWAXQ3aIT
    05 Cayenne turbo

^ saw a few things off on that guy... Hvac buttons reworked and headlight switch w/o fogs and no tint on portal windows???

Quote Originally Posted by mdegracia View Post
    I know the car. It was what got me started on the RS6 kick...my mechanic suggested I get it. But then I found my current car through a coworker for 14k and 57k miles! Albeit needed some TLC.

The shop had picked it up at auction for 18.5, I believe and they have sat on it for awhile. They were originally asking 23.5 for it.
    Yup. When it was first listed on eBay over a month ago I went up to drive it. Pulled hard and did not throw codes. The car did show the high mileage and as it was an auction vehicle the maintenance history was basically unknown. Although it had an upgraded stereo it wasn't wired right. This along with some other little things (DS door pocket messed up, cracked dash, tweaked rear sunshade, badly scratched door threshold) indicated a less than detailed RS6 owner and in my mind would justify the low price.

No worries........this beauty is in good, competent hands now!

The car was VAG'd upon arrival to pick it up and there were 2 'soft' codes but none threw a CEL. The 2 were SAI each side. Codes were saved and cleared before the trek home in an attempt to replicate any of them. 200+ miles later and a few good 100+ spirited pulls........nothing! No codes whatsoever from either the Engine or the Transmission parameters in VAG.

From the Carfax I deducted since the car began it's life in Greenwich CT I'd start my research before purchasing there. Found the Audi dealership that serviced this RS6 religiously up until it's original owner released it. Maintenance to the tune of brakes, oil changes were done there ( he apparently had Audi care) and Warranty work to the tune of 2 timing belt changes, last one done at 67K along with the torque convertor. The DRC suspension was also addressed by the same dealer. The full service records will be picked up from said dealer at the earliest that time permits.

All in all the purchase of this car has been great! I look forward to spending lots of time with it and developing it into the power house that I know it can be.

Planned modifications: 6-speed swap (own a 2.7T A6 that will most likely be the donor), ECU upgrade (Still researching the possibilities), 19" slightly more aggressive wheels (Stock are nice but.....).

Could anyone suggest since the last timing belt was changed at 67K the next interval for it's replacement? Schedule in the Manual states 95K service to just 'inspect' timing belt. Normal intervals according to manual as read are 35K change, 75K change, 95K inspect. I'd venture to say around 110ish.

It is nice to own such a 'rare' vehicle. I can't tell you the last time I have seen one of these things in my neck of the woods.........I've admired the RS6 from far long enough!

Thanks in advance for any input or advice that I know this community will offer. Audi enthusiasts seem to be the best!

-Tim

Congrats on the good deal! The SAI only work at cold start up. Steveken sells the 6 speed conversion spacers for the RS6.
    05 Cayenne turbo

Thanks 'TozoM8'!

I appreciate the kind words and advice. I will have to reach out to 'Steveken' when I'm ready for the conversion. I did read through his adventurous install, very impressive! Thanks to his efforts more like him can attempt the feat of mating a 6-speed to this monstrous V-8.

Still keeping an eye open for any and all information pertaining to the second owner of this car. If anyone has any information that can assist in keeping and maintaining this car please do either chime in or PM me.

So far so good! I've put about 600 miles on it so far and am still very impressed with it's stability and feel. Figured I'd drive it steady for a few hundred miles to see if any 'gremlins' surface that need addressing, lol.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by TimsR1 View Post
    Still keeping an eye open for any and all information pertaining to the second owner of this car. If anyone has any information that can assist in keeping and maintaining this car please do either chime in or PM me.

Thanks again!
    I am the holder of the C5 RS6 VIN list: your lovely beast was on there for sale for some time @ 92k miles and $22k in New York, that is all the information I have...

Get ready for the crazyness!
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared