Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kill Stories

Kill Stories

Ok, so after some searching I see that there is no "Kill Stories" thread. Being that this is the C5 RS6 section I know you all must have multiple stories and a large list of victims. So I guess I'll start.

Just for some background I do not own a C5 RS6, but I have been planning to have one as my next car for quite some time. My current Audi is a B5 S4 with some tasteful mods. I do however have the blessing to drive Dynasty23's Beast from time to time. I have to say that he is a great guy and actually lets me take the car for days at a time, of course as long as I leave him the B5 (sometimes without the exchange). Well yesterday was one of those days that he threw me the keys and which brings me to my first kill story in a C5 RS6.

So I'm about to leave work when Ehab (Dynasty23) throws me the keys to the RS6, now im in a great damn mood because I know that i'm going to be driving all the way home on the highway with the beast (although the S4 is great, it's just no comparison). So I make it all the way to the last traffic light before we hit the highway and theres some guy on an R6 weaving in and out of traffic and carrying some speed with him. So out of instinct I tag along and end up being right behind him when the light turns red. All the time sitting there and hoping this guy hits it so I can really see what this thing can do. So the light turns green, he hits it. And so do I. He had the jump, but it didn't matter. Once we started going and I overtook the car to my right , I switched into the right lane smacking the paddles to upshift and propel this monster forward. I ended up catching the bike in no time and before I know it I had overtaken him as well. Full of adrenaline and wearing the biggest grin, he pulled up besides me gave me the thumbs up and we parted ways. Ill never forget the look on this guys face and he flipped up his visor. He was in utter disbelief of what this car could do. I always knew I wanted this car for my next car, but now i'm completely sold.

So I immediately called Ehab and let him know what dirty little things his baby just did and I have to say that he commended her dirty little deeds.

C5 RS6 1- R6 - 0

So post them up. I know you all have something to share.
    Last edited by DiscoPotato; September 3rd, 2011 at 02:34.
    www.StrictlyEuros.com

Did he know you were trying to race him?...lol ....
    Stock RS6 0-60 4.6 sec ----------Stock R6 0-60 2.8 sec
    Stock RS6 1/4 mile.....mid/high 12 sec---------Stock R6 1/4 mile....low/mid 10 sec

Unless you were in excess of 120mph you wouldn't have a chance, unless the rider was 300+ lbs with another 300lb passenger on back...lol
    91' NSX Turbo 700whp/550tq
    03' RS6 550ish bhp/tq
    09' R8 :-)

Yes he did. I know I was shocked as well. Possibly bike/rider was not up to par.
    www.StrictlyEuros.com

Quote Originally Posted by na1mt View Post
    Stock RS6 1/4 mile.....mid/high 12 sec---------Stock R6 1/4 mile....low/mid 10 sec

Unless you were in excess of 120mph you wouldn't have a chance, unless the rider was 300+ lbs with another 300lb passenger on back...lol

Don't be so quick to talk. Off the line I don't think any car has a chance against a Big bike. But on the roll its another story. I nastied up (if there is such a word) a couple of Big Bikes a while ago on the highway. The three of us entered the highway at the same time with them behind me, at which point I Dropped the hammer. Took it to about 150 at which point I backed off because this was quickly getting out of hand. At this point the Bikes had not passed me and believe you me they were wide open. When they did eventually catch me, I got nothing but thumbs up. I could tell they were both stunned. And we all went about our business after that. Needles to say the Beast even amazed me. It would seem to me that all these cars require is a good Catless free flowing exhaust system, a very good Tune and a good Transmission and not too many will best this car. Hell, 10SecS4 Gutted his Downpipes and Ran a good Tune and was running Mid to upper Elevens at English Town New Jersey. Truly amazing for a 4000+lb 4-door family hauler............................................ .....
    03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by Elevens View Post
    Don't be so quick to talk. Off the line I don't think any car has a chance against a Big bike. But on the roll its another story. I nastied up (if there is such a word) a couple of Big Bikes a while ago on the highway. The three of us entered the highway at the same time with them behind me, at which point I Dropped the hammer. Took it to about 150 at which point I backed off because this was quickly getting out of hand. At this point the Bikes had not passed me and believe you me they were wide open. When they did eventually catch me, I got nothing but thumbs up. I could tell they were both stunned. And we all went about our business after that. Needles to say the Beast even amazed me. It would seem to me that all these cars require is a good Catless free flowing exhaust system, a very good Tune and a good Transmission and not too many will best this car. Hell, 10SecS4 Gutted his Downpipes and Ran a good Tune and was running Mid to upper Elevens at English Town New Jersey. Truly amazing for a 4000+lb 4-door family hauler............................................ .....
    Ding ding ding.. Now only if removing the DPs were a little easier.
    www.StrictlyEuros.com

It takes 2hrs. How easy do you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoPotato View Post
    Ding ding ding.. Now only if removing the DPs were a little easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Elevens View Post

I hope when you say big bike you're referring to Hardley Abelson's??? R6's and R1's will smoke the RS6 easily.

I have a "big bike" that can hand R1's a beat down and just about anything else on the road. The mighty VMAX! Nothing like V4 Torque
    I have 200rwhp on my 2 wheeled beast

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2009vmax..jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	11702
    2003 Audi RS6 Avus Silver

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Yeah removal... The entire job is what's the bitch. With a lift and all proper tools, installing DP's in my B5 took a few hours.. The time before that I, had the engine out and it was MUCH easier. (Obviously) but the decatting process still takes a good amount of time.

I can only imagine how long it would take in a C5 RS6. Plus gutting and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    I hope when you say big bike you're referring to Hardley Abelson's??? R6's and R1's will smoke the RS6 easily.

I have a "big bike" that can hand R1's a beat down and just about anything else on the road. The mighty VMAX! Nothing like V4 Torque
    I have 200rwhp on my 2 wheeled beast

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2009vmax..jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	11702
    I am certain it was an R6 lol.
    www.StrictlyEuros.com

Tell ya what disco potato, when u roll up to ebony RS6 with titanium BBS CH-R's, wave hi and then get a good look at my ass.....
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Pre cats and smog tests

A bit of thread hijack,

So for those of us who have to get tested ever other year by the state for emissions so that they make "sure" we are not polluting....More like another way to reach into my pocket....

Does removal of the pre cats cause the flags to go up with the testing and does it throw any codes? I know other than CA that NY and NJ have to go through this nonsense.

On topic - I try to avoid racing bikes - mainly for their safety, not mine. I used to ride pre-kids. Wife made me sell the bikes.

Plenty of easy targets otherwise - most popular around here are Mustangs - they are always wanting to go! (at least once!). Corvettes are more like mobile chicanes most of the time - they are always going slow and can not be enticed to race.

Quote Originally Posted by s42ski View Post
    A bit of thread hijack,

So for those of us who have to get tested ever other year by the state for emissions so that they make "sure" we are not polluting....More like another way to reach into my pocket....

Does removal of the pre cats cause the flags to go up with the testing and does it throw any codes? I know other than CA that NY and NJ have to go through this nonsense.

On topic - I try to avoid racing bikes - mainly for their safety, not mine. I used to ride pre-kids. Wife made me sell the bikes.

Plenty of easy targets otherwise - most popular around here are Mustangs - they are always wanting to go! (at least once!). Corvettes are more like mobile chicanes most of the time - they are always going slow and can not be enticed to race.
    No you will still pass, the main cats will do the job. But you MAY have a cel for your secondary O2 sensors (not exactly sure on their location). If you do get one, that can be eliminated with sparkplug defoulers placed in the secondary O2 bung to space out the sensor. Or you can just code them out.

Quote Originally Posted by speedtrapped View Post
    Tell ya what disco potato, when u roll up to ebony RS6 with titanium BBS CH-R's, wave hi and then get a good look at my ass.....
    OK?

Still waiting to see your RS6 come by the dealer..... I wanna see this Dahlback setup.
    www.StrictlyEuros.com

I know, I have been meaning to come buy, post labor day easier. Not much to see, u can look under and see DBR pipes, but I sold DBR intake, I use FMU CAI. The DBR turbos, are tucked away.
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

2 HRS??!??! You got a write up DIY? I'll give it a try. I always wanted to gut them.

Quote Originally Posted by na1mt View Post

I used to ride. Went through 4 R1's (99, 01, and two 03) and a bunch of others. Our cars have a very good chance of beating a bike once we get past the 80-90mph mark on a straight away. Stop and go, the twisties, and off the line, the RS6 or most cars have no chance. At the same time when I use to ride, I had a Honda Civic with an Integra GSR motor and turbo charged, I had no problem keeping up with bikes and passing them. Now the current model bikes are no joke. Much more power, top and bottom end. Traction control and all that jazz.

I would say if you already have a set gutted, or millteks laying around, 2 hours is possible. If you want to gut what you have it will take longer. It took me about an hour to gut my precats. This is having access to 2 snap on air hammers and 16" blunt chisels.

As far as downpipe removal, a lift is t required, but very nice to have for this. You'll need to unscrew the primary O2's to get access to all the dp nuts. When pat and I did mine we used a transverse bar on top and dropped the rear of the engine a little to gain access. Have some very good penetrating oil on hand - kroil works good. Also replace the studs and nuts as they get a little chewed up on removal. A very long extension is needed - like 3 feet.
    Quote Originally Posted by arS6 View Post
    2 HRS??!??! You got a write up DIY? I'll give it a try. I always wanted to gut them.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    I would say if you already have a set gutted, or millteks laying around, 2 hours is possible. If you want to gut what you have it will take longer. It took me about an hour to gut my precats. This is having access to 2 snap on air hammers and 16" blunt chisels.

As far as downpipe removal, a lift is t required, but very nice to have for this. You'll need to unscrew the primary O2's to get access to all the dp nuts. When pat and I did mine we used a transverse bar on top and dropped the rear of the engine a little to gain access. Have some very good penetrating oil on hand - kroil works good. Also replace the studs and nuts as they get a little chewed up on removal. A very long extension is needed - like 3 feet.
    Yup, I know about the gutting process. Did my 2.7T with just a hammer and a drill bit. No lift here, just plan to get it on 4 jack stands. You drop the rear of the motor by removing the tranny mounts right? Did you drop it enough that you have to remove and harness/hose from the top of the engine bay?

You're joking, right Dave?

Also there's a huge chance if your DPs have never been removed that you will break a stud from the turbo to downpipe and massively complicate the job... happens ALL THE TIME.

Quote Originally Posted by skribe View Post
    You're joking, right Dave?

Also there's a huge chance if your DPs have never been removed that you will break a stud from the turbo to downpipe and massively complicate the job... happens ALL THE TIME.
    That's what I'm afraid of! Then I'm stuck at home, and can't drive it to a shop.