Thread: Intro and a question about tire fittment on an '02 S6.

Intro and a question about tire fittment on an '02 S6.

Hello all.
    I'm Tony. Ben916 wouldn't let me buy tires until I came over here and asked my question.
    I am putting 18" B7 S4 Avus style wheels on an S6 with stock suspension. Before I buy tires, I just want to make sure that they will fit. I'm looking at Michelin Pilot Super Sports, in 265/35-18. I will be using 20/25mm spacers, F/R. (IIRC) I just want to make sure that those will not be a problem with rubbing or anything like that. And would 275s be pushing it? I looked at the willtheyfit.com and it doesn't look too far off from the stock 255/40-17, but I want to be sure before I buy.

Now for the intro.
    Hello again, my name is still Tony and I'm an Audiholic.
    I just bought my 4th Audi and my 3rd S car. My wife and I own an '04 A6 2.7T S-line, an '02 S6 avant and a '12 S5. Oh, and a Jetta TDI. We had an '01 S4, but I sold that for a car that brings back horrible memories and is too painful to mention. I do not enjoy long walks on the beach, in fact I can't stand the beach. I live in Rancho Bernardo, a little retirement community in North County San Diego.

I look forward to meeting some of you guys, and making the tractor-trailer honking motion at others.

Tony

Now that I have posted, I see that I have posted twice before. I wonder what I said...

Welcome on the crazy train.

Tires should work but we need to know the specs on the B7 rims. What is the backspace and width

25mm spacers///I dont like using that much spacer but I drive 500hp cars reel fast...your mileage may vary. so/so on that idea.

Quote Originally Posted by CALL AAA View Post
    Hello all.
    I'm Tony. Ben916 wouldn't let me buy tires until I came over here and asked my question.
    I am putting 18" B7 S4 Avus style wheels on an S6 with stock suspension. Before I buy tires, I just want to make sure that they will fit. I'm looking at Michelin Pilot Super Sports, in 265/35-18. I will be using 20/25mm spacers, F/R. (IIRC) I just want to make sure that those will not be a problem with rubbing or anything like that. And would 275s be pushing it? I looked at the willtheyfit.com and it doesn't look too far off from the stock 255/40-17, but I want to be sure before I buy.

Now for the intro.
    Hello again, my name is still Tony and I'm an Audiholic.
    I just bought my 4th Audi and my 3rd S car. My wife and I own an '04 A6 2.7T S-line, an '02 S6 avant and a '12 S5. Oh, and a Jetta TDI. We had an '01 S4, but I sold that for a car that brings back horrible memories and is too painful to mention. I do not enjoy long walks on the beach, in fact I can't stand the beach. I live in Rancho Bernardo, a little retirement community in North County San Diego.

I look forward to meeting some of you guys, and making the tractor-trailer honking motion at others.

Tony

Now that I have posted, I see that I have posted twice before. I wonder what I said...

The S4 wheels are 18x8, ET 45.

I think Mike Kim at Pure MS suggested those because I said I wouldn't use them on the track. I will get another set of wheels and tires for the track, and I won't use spacers.

Welcome aboard the

And you are keeping bad company with that Ben fellow....;0
    210K miles rolled

How rude of me to not post bad iPhone pics!

^Nice stable
    210K miles rolled

See Tony...
    Um, the S5.... is that like covert ops? I don't remember that discussion... but if the CFO says yes, well ya gotta jump!
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

That spacer is HUGE!!!

I sense vibration issues in your future. Nice cars btw
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Maybe the spacers aren't that big. But I remember asking Mike, "Wow, that's a lot! Is that even safe?" I wanted to push the wheels out towards the edge of the arches, but if I start having issues, I'll being them back immediately and get something smaller.

Ben, don't tell Jen I bought that. I just hid it out there with the rest of the Audis and she hasn't noticed yet.

Only missing an Allroad and an RS6 for the complete C5 stable...

oh! I will not tell Jen nor the dogs...

Super Sports on their way?
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

So 265/35-17s shouldn't be a problem, but 275s would be pushing it?