Thread: VAG COM info and/or need to knows..

VAG COM info and/or need to knows..

I am about to start doing some things with the VAG COM to my car. I know of a few things that im hoping will work. For starters i want to do the window roll down feature, im not sure if any of you would do it but i want to also set up my headlight switch to allow me to turn on the fogs without having to turn on the headlights. its almost like a daytime running light feature just kind of manual. lol. And what pisses me off is that the 02 a4 and im guessing later allows you to use the lane changing signal feature (lightly tap the switch in whatever direction your going and it will blink 3 times and automatically shut off) Im not sure if any of you of are aware of this or have ever used it in a car but it is a very nice feature to have SO.. why would an a4 have it but the rs6 or even a6 not? does that even make sense?... What other things can i do to my car with the VAG COM tool? any other suggestions? I know you can set it up to have all doors unlock at first button but thats fine to me the way it is. thanks guys
    Last edited by RSSIK; August 12th, 2011 at 20:21.

Head light thing requires a rewire of the switch. It's posted somewhere here, easy to do.
    Not sure if the lane change figure is possible on this car.

Recode for the windows (and sunroof closure only), auto lock when you drive away (and auto unlock with you stop/in park), remove the alarm chirp are common VAG COM Recodes.

Mike

Thanks. Yea someone was telling me about the whole euro switch thing. I tried finding it but i mustve not looked deep enough. I hope the lane changing feature is possible because i love using it on my other cars.

Quote Originally Posted by dynasty23 View Post
    I am about to start doing some things with the VAG COM to my car. I know of a few things that im hoping will work. For starters i want to do the window roll down feature, im not sure if any of you would do it but i want to also set up my headlight switch to allow me to turn on the fogs without having to turn on the headlights. its almost like a daytime running light feature just kind of manual. lol. And what pisses me off is that the 02 a4 and im guessing later allows you to use the lane changing signal feature (lightly tap the switch in whatever direction your going and it will blink 3 times and automatically shut off) Im not sure if any of you of are aware of this or have ever used it in a car but it is a very nice feature to have SO.. why would an a4 have it but the rs6 or even a6 not? does that even make sense?... What other things can i do to my car with the VAG COM tool? any other suggestions? I know you can set it up to have all doors unlock at first button but thats fine to me the way it is. thanks guys
    The comfort feature (IIRC the naming) doesn't come with the RS6 but with the R8..

There has been several threads on it and how to possibly re-wire to get it to work.
    I REALLY like this feature but have yet to figure how to do it... yet...

I am wondering if the turn signal module from an R8 will fit the C5 RS6???
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

i was just driving a 2002 audi a4 3.0Q that i have on my lot and the vehicle has that feature. I doubt we'd need to go up to an r8 for something like that as long as we can figure out what it is in the a4 that does it id be set.

Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

I remember seeing something online before but don't remember where, to get a relay that does 3-blink lane change on 2003 Audi A6.

Recoding lock control module
    VagCom Control Module Recode

http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?p=22496272

This is it....

EDIT: on the GenuineVW website, part # 000 953 227A and select VW = $80 no discount
    EDIT of an EDIT: 000998229A, same as above but $56 dollars....
    Last edited by ben916; August 13th, 2011 at 00:06.

Thanks disco