Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MTM ECU tune?

MTM ECU tune?

Is anyone running an MTM ECU tune? How does it compare to say Eurocharged? I'm going to Hoppen to get the TCU done this week, just curious if there is any feedback out there.

Ive done my tcu by Viper Tuning...Very knowledgeable guy... and cheap to.

http://www.vipertuning.com/
    Mugello Blue C5 RS6 Avant Viper Tuning ECU/TCU
    MTM Bimoto wheels 9,5 x 19 ET 30 LK 5x112 with 275/30/19 tyres
    MTM exhaust system cat back 4-pipe with throttle valves in 2 pipes, control

Thank you, but Hoppen is a 45 min drive. Isle of Man is a long way away to ship an ECU and have the car down the whole time... I appreciate it though.

I know viper has an excellent rep, but unless something has changed isn't their flash stage 1, $1800.00?.... Not really cheap with tunes u can buy now, $600.00-$700.00 range.
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

No, Viper stage 1 cheaper.
    Its also possible to buy a cable from him so you can chip it with his stage 1 map. You have to do some vagcom scans and send so he can adjust his maps to that.
    He did my TCU for free...!!! even the postage he took for his account... I garanteed him if i plan to do a remap, i do it with his maps...And i will do that, because there are some very nice gains in hp with his maps!

Back to MTM...

I used to run the MTM tune. Very good tune, lots of power, lots of torque. And Mike is a very good guy to deal with. However its not customizable, one generic tune and that's it. Eurocharged, don't know much about it. but I think its the best bang for the buck. I've heard no complaints. I run the Viper Tune myself. Rich over their on the Isle of Man is one of the best guys I have ever dealt with. His tunes are very customizable and he is very knowledgeable. Anything you want and any way you want it, he will do. As a matter of fact when I sort out some Transmission shifting issues I have, I am sending him some WOT logs for him to go over and Re-Tweak the Tune for optimal performance for my car in particular. However If your close to Hoppen Motorsport and plan no major upgrades in the future, then by all means use his Tune. I had no issues with it. Its just that I went fully Catless and there was no MTM Tune for that. Just my opinion. Hope it helps.....................
    03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.

Thanks Elevens!

Yes, Rich from Viper Tuning is the best around!

Mixed results from MTM ECU tunes. Actually, I dont have 1 excellent log from a MTM ecu tune. They could be out there but no member has really documented the results. There is even one member that that ditched the MTM staged upgrade path and gone another route.

On the other hand there is the tune for 499 dollars that has been documented over and over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rspring View Post
    Is anyone running an MTM ECU tune? How does it compare to say Eurocharged? I'm going to Hoppen to get the TCU done this week, just curious if there is any feedback out there.

Dave, are you referring to Eurocharged?

Is shipping the ECU to them (Eurocharged) the only way to get the tune, or will they load it on the handheld programmer so that I can do it?

Yes, you can buy the handheld programmer with the map already loaded.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Quote Originally Posted by JSRS6 View Post
    Yes, you can buy the handheld programmer with the map already loaded.
    Not exactly...you have to upload the existing map from the ECU to the programmer, from the programmer to your computer and email it to them. They will email you back a tune that you have to download from the computer back to the programmer and then download that to the car. After all that, it will likely not work, because there are issues with the Mygenius, and it will takes months to sort out. Ask me how I know.

^^, true compared to other tuners, downloading ECu/vin code uploading and downloading again is a PIA, but I never had a problem with my mygenuis handheld. My previous set up was stage2 eurocharged and made 424/506 at the wheels, and that's documented vs stock rs6 same day, dyne etc. $499 is a bargain and the power was awesome.
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Well, I guess I didn't get the RS6.com deal...I paid $599 for the tune and $499 for the programmer and got 0 additional HP/TQ at the wheels.

mygenius works just fine as well.

Quote Originally Posted by speedtrapped View Post
    ^^, true compared to other tuners, downloading ECu/vin code uploading and downloading again is a PIA, but I never had a problem with my mygenuis handheld. My previous set up was stage2 eurocharged and made 424/506 at the wheels, and that's documented vs stock rs6 same day, dyne etc. $499 is a bargain and the power was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by toddc View Post
    Well, I guess I didn't get the RS6.com deal...I paid $599 for the tune and $499 for the programmer and got 0 additional HP/TQ at the wheels.
    My tune was $499.00 and my handheld was $499.00.