Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DRC vs. Statis Ohlin...pix included!

Hybrid View

DRC vs. Statis Ohlin...pix included!

Thats me (with DRC) on left and melsas (with freshly-installed Stasis Ohlins on right)

crazy thing is that both of those cars are avus...!
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Quote Originally Posted by JSRS6 View Post
    crazy thing is that both of those cars are avus...!
    +1

And who's in the trunk in the car in the background?
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

awesome color and perfect stance on the right, sorry DRC but you fail...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

I think the Ohlin's stance seems too low. The look seems to cheapen the car a bit, at least from that angle. Maybe it is just because now the stock wheels look too far in.
    Anyone around Boston with a non-DRC RS6 so we can compare?

Quote Originally Posted by nene View Post
    I think the Ohlin's stance seems too low. The look seems to cheapen the car a bit, at least from that angle. Maybe it is just because now the stock wheels look too far in.
    Anyone around Boston with a non-DRC RS6 so we can compare?
    Looked great in person (and rode great too)...I think most people are used to seeing 19in wheels on lowered RS6s....

Reported.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Quote Originally Posted by JSRS6 View Post
    Reported.
    Spammer gone. Thanks!
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

It's always great to see a pic of this awesome car....+1 for the extra clearance of DRC over rough ground....
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I don't want to leave out StevieG who joined us as well.
    Ride quality is better than DRC. Currently on softest setting. Will get alignment this week
    and probably try it at the next setting. Height has settled as well. Will sync up all four wheels at 13.5".
    A couple of pics to show placement of reservoirs. I appreciate forum members sharing thier setups.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0094..JPG 
Views:	157 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	11671Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0093..JPG 
Views:	156 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	11674Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0095..JPG 
Views:	152 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	11673Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0097..JPG 
Views:	380 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	11672

very nice.

why did you park so close to those two other $#it boxes? LOL..

Mike

I've got my KW's set of 13.25" front & 13.5" in the rear. The stock specs have the rear slightly higher than the front so I stuck with that and it isn't noticeable at only 1/4". Yea, I'd drive it for a good month or so before re-setting the ride height. Looks good and if I want ground clearance I don't drive the RS6. The car handles better (lower center of 'G') and everyone tells me it looks better. I don't think any sports sedan or sports car looks good with a gap showing between the top of the tires and the bottom of the wheel well opening, just an opinion.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

clear corner mod! clear corner mod!

Quote Originally Posted by skribe View Post
    clear corner mod! clear corner mod!
    dude spends $4k on Statis and Rupaul starts up with worrying about clear mascara....
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    dude spends $4k on Statis and Rupaul starts up with worrying about clear mascara....
    Quote Originally Posted by melsas View Post
    Come on, Ben. Don't try to flip the fact that your car was previously owned by a tranny around on me.

I can't help that I loathe the US-only amber corners on the C5... to me pulling that piece of yellow government oppression out of your headlight is correcting a terrible NHTSA flaw imposed on the design... it just looks so much better. The stance on melsas' car is perfect, time to lose the amber, especially on an Avus car.

YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by skribe View Post
    Come on, Ben. Don't try to flip the fact that your car was previously owned by a tranny around on me.

I can't help that I loathe the US-only amber corners on the C5... to me pulling that piece of yellow government oppression out of your headlight is correcting a terrible NHTSA flaw imposed on the design... it just looks so much better. The stance on melsas' car is perfect, time to lose the amber, especially on an Avus car.
    Sorry, but I loathe clear corners actually....forever ruined for me after I saw every POS Civic and 3 Series with clear corner hack-job...not gonna happen on my watch

Quote Originally Posted by twinsteve View Post
    Sorry, but I loathe clear corners actually....forever ruined for me after I saw every POS Civic and 3 Series with clear corner hack-job...not gonna happen on my watch

What about the Clear Corner Mod do you not like?.....

03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.

^^^what he said...