Thread: Front LH Wheel Grinding

Front LH Wheel Grinding

Fellas,

Hoping one of you can point me in the right direction on a recent issue with my car. Recently started experiencing a 1-per wheel revolution grinding noise, coming from my front left wheel. It's minimal when making left turns, but steady with any other wheel position.
    In the last year, I've found a lot of braking oscillation after installing EBC Red's. Seems as though the pad is of a much harder compound than the oem's, and cuts into the rotors like butter. Could the two be related?

Normally, I'd just take it into the dealer, but sadly- the nearest one is 1.5 hrs out! Thanks in advance.
    2003 Audi RS6- Pearl Black Effect
    Eurocharged ECU/MTM TCU, Hyperboost DV, RSN-E/BT/XM, K&N, EBC-RED

May seem like a silly suggestion but any chance somebody who installed your brake pads bent the rotor backing plates and it rubs? They can make a real serious noise when they touch the rotor. And it can be a pulsating sound at times as the rotors runout after mounting to the hubs are rarely perfect.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    May seem like a silly suggestion but any chance somebody who installed your brake pads bent the rotor backing plates and it rubs? They can make a real serious noise when they touch the rotor. And it can be a pulsating sound at times as the rotors runout after mounting to the hubs are rarely perfect.
    Don't think so- the rubbing noise is solid friction, and it only began a week ago. The rotors and pads were installed new over a year ago. Regardless, I'll look into it. Any more ideas?
    Thanks Hahn!

Sounds like a bad wheel bearing?
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    Sounds like a bad wheel bearing?
    I'm almost positive that's what it is. Taking it to the dealer today. Suppose it would make sense to replace all 4 if one of them is starting to go bad. Sound logic Pat?

Quote Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
    I'm almost positive that's what it is. Taking it to the dealer today. Suppose it would make sense to replace all 4 if one of them is starting to go bad. Sound logic Pat?
    That's up to you, it's a lot of labor to replace all four wheel bearings. I personally would just replace the bad one.....there's no labor overlap to do them all at once.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's