Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm on Meth

So I added a little HEET to the tank and got new IAT's. Now, an important variable that wasn't the same was ambient temp. It was 5'C cooler than the runs posted previously in this thread.

Intake Air
    Temperature (G42)
    °C
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Those reductions look amazing! A friend of mine has a cooling mist universal setup in a box that never got installed... Thoughts on how it works with a stock tune? How does that APR100 tune plus 92octane run with it? I'm considering a tune come spring time
    -Greg
    2003 RS6

Kyle, HEET? which one, and added to meth/water mix?
    Ty
    Stephen
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Quote Originally Posted by speedtrapped View Post
    Ty
    Stephen
    Yellow HEET. It's essentially 100% methanol. I use it as my emergency source if I run out of water/meth and I'm not at home.

Quote Originally Posted by speedtrapped View Post
    Ty
    Stephen
    Ya Pit Viper said it. The -20 washer fluid is like 33% meth so adding a little HEET increases % of meth. It was a convenience thing. Wanted to try it out. The issue I have with using too much meth is that it will start to change the A/F ratios and I think I will really confuse the ECU. This is just my thought. I could be way off. Don't you guys think it is soo funny that I was using a product called HEET for a cooling effect?? hahaha right? (ok, i'm the only one)

Anyway, ThillHouse, as far as the stock tune, I say 'hell yes' it will help. I have been doing a few data logs regarding the APR100 and meth. The car pulls AWEsome. I checked the blocks 015 through 019 (or around there) and I have no misfires detected. Also checked the block for the knock sensors and everything checks out fine. I do however want to learn more about the timing and the way the timing changes over different boost and rpm levels.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Subscribed to the thread, great info! I've got a REVO tune and it feels like the ECU is always pulling back on full throttle. It's picking up the knock from the high tune and retarding the timing a bit I figure. Looking into putting this same kit in. I get 92 octane here, usually very clean from Chevron. I feel the tune is on the edge and needs to be cooled down a bit. Any info would be great, I'll check in with DevilSown also. Thanks!

PS; It's been about 80-90 the last week or so and I seem to be noticed the pulling of the timing more...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

The biggest reason to add water and/or meth is to mitigate detonation. The obvious benefit of this is to eliminate any timing retard, which nearly all of our cars do ,whether we know it or not, especially people in hot climates that get killer heat soak. The water acts as a cooling agent as does the meth, but the meth adds octane also. If you add a lot of meth you will richen your A/F, as Methanol IS fuel. If you plan to run a lot of meth or 100% meth (as I do in my 996 turbo) you need to modify your tune. You can see GREAT increases in power with this, but you will become beholden to it, as the safety's in most kits require you to run it all the time, ie, if you run out or don't use it, you will be running on wastegate...

ps..I run an Aquamist kit...expensive but worth it, if you care about your engine.
    2013 Audi S8

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    ps..I run an Aquamist kit...expensive but worth it, if you care about your engine.
    ^This. I like Devil's Own, and have run some of their earlier stuff, as well as some Coolingmist (not a fan). However, once I started talking to Richard (head of Aquamist) about the HFS-5, I was quickly sold and bought it. I have since traded up to an HFS-6 system. Richard is a literal genius about water & water/meth injection, which is the reason WRC cars used to run Aquamist kits before they were ruled out.
    -

I have the old HFS-1. Still works mint...
    2013 Audi S8

I'm working with Snow to calculate what size nozzles I need for dual injection. They need to know est hp and boost (I have a Revo Stg 1 tune so about 530hp but w/o doing a VCDS data log I have no idea about boost) What is typical boost level for Revo Stg 1 tune?

Thanks!
    2003 Rs6 Mugello/Ebony Eurocharged/APR R1 DV's/RNS-E/KW-v3/Hotchkis/Full Milltek Cat-less/Apikol IC's/D.O. water-meth/ 6 speed SOLD!! Next???

I'll bet a pair of M8's.

I've got the REVO stage 1 tune, I thinks it's about 515 at the engine. Kevin, do you get much of the ecu pulling timing, slight bumps on full boost? I'm hoping that a water meth kit will fix this for me, should do the trick. I'm looking at going with the DevilSown as it seems to be working good for folks.

Interesting details about the location of the nozzles in this thread. Anything more in depth regarding the best spot on the RS6?
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Would there be a benefit from installing jets between MAF and turbo inlet AND after IC's?
    2003 RS 6______________________________________________
    Mugello Blue/Silver Interior/Wood Trim/Warm Weather Package/
    LED Tail lights/RNS-E/DVD Video/OEM S5 19's/Custom Painted Calipers/Full CAT-Less, Nonresonated Milltek/APR DV's/
    H-Sport Sway Bars/5 Bar FPR/ABT Aluminum pedals/MTM TCU Chip

-------Other Rides
    2007 Cadillac Escalade
    2007 Jeep Compass
    2006 Jeep Commander
    2006 Chevy Colorado Reg Cab
    -------

I believe the best location for them is 8 to 10" ahead of the TB on each charge pipe.

Anyone have an idea what the Revo Stg 1 boost is set at? Or do I have to get off my lazy butt and do some logging.
    2003 Rs6 Mugello/Ebony Eurocharged/APR R1 DV's/RNS-E/KW-v3/Hotchkis/Full Milltek Cat-less/Apikol IC's/D.O. water-meth/ 6 speed SOLD!! Next???

The main thing on location IMO is to get the IAT sensors to notice the lower temps. This will allow the ecu to add timing and boost. Because our IAT's are well within the intake manifold, we don't really have to worry. I choose close the the TB for 2 reasons.
    1) that in case there is "leaking" if the nozzles or the TB blade closes so quickly that there is still a reasonable amount of mist in the ypipe, it won't be as likely to "pool" because the vast majority if the spray is getting through the TB before it closes.
    2) this is the biggest reason, that it I want to change nozzles, they are right there in front and on top. No need to pull out the lock support to do this. (btw, I am trying a little larger nozzle that are on their way. Glad I chose this location)

What size nozzles are you currently running? And what water/meth mixture?

I am intending to run 50/50 water meth. Right now I am doing it with washer fluid and heet. I want to get myself a 5gal barrel of meth.

I have 2 DO5's in now. I will try 7's and see where it takes me. your thoughts? I see you on the injection sites when I am lurking. Any advice is much appreciated.

I think a pair of 7's is a good start. I used to run a pair of 5's on my SRT-4 making a lot less power.
    Personally, I like running more, smaller nozzles, simply because you get better dispersion. However, I can see not wanting to tap a bunch of holes into your RS6.