Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm on Meth

Pictures I'm on Meth

Well I spent most of today putting in a meth kit. From the small amount I drove it after, it feels good. It comes with a progressive controller and I will probably play around with it yet to get it dialed in.

Dual nozzels, tapped the Y-pipe with the tranny was out (previous project)

Routing through cowl. Wanted to make this cleaner than having a line run across everything, but I was low on tubing, so this is how it's gonna be for now.

Boost line:

Had to make a goofy loop for the boost line

I used a separate tank rather than the windsheild tank to give me some flexibility for fluids later. I was able to fit the pump and tank inside the drivers side access panel. Had to take out the lower steel plate of the jack/tool holder (drilled out spot welds and repainted). Also took out the styrofoam liner to make room.

Pump is mounted to wheel arch, can't really see it well behind the tank

Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Nice! You running washer fluid or the real deal?
    2004 Black/Black,EPL Tune *** 0-60 in 3.5 seconds SOLD :( - - 2002 TT Porsche 724WHP 10.43@139mph/ Motor build in progress. looking for 9's

A big congrats!
    210K miles rolled

Washer fluid. I may add some heet if I get frisky. I don't think my ARP tune will work well with 100% meth.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Nice clean install Kyle! I need to get on this! Mines currently installed in the cabinet in the garage....
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    Nice clean install Kyle! I need to get on this! Mines currently installed in the cabinet in the garage....
    Thanks Pat. You know, you could hook up the system while it is sitting on your shelf. Then when it gets hot out again you can turn on on and cool yourself. Probably just use water though.

Nice Kyle.... I want to re route my set up. I have snow stage 3, pump installed behind plastic wheel well wall, and windshield wiper tank. I am going to trunk set up. There is a nice difference when the parameters are crossed, mime is set up to start spraying around 8lbs and 40pw on injectors, and vroom it really can be felt.
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Now that I finished the install, I am pretty glad I did the tank mount. It was sort of a PITA working sideways in the trunk getting everything mounted, but worth it now IMO.

So Speed, I have mine starting at about 7psi and maxing at about 14-15. I have two 5gpm nozzle's. What is 40pw? Maybe Snow rates it different than devils own?

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    Washer fluid. I may add some heet if I get frisky. I don't think my ARP tune will work well with 100% meth.
    50-50 cut with water
    2004 Black/Black,EPL Tune *** 0-60 in 3.5 seconds SOLD :( - - 2002 TT Porsche 724WHP 10.43@139mph/ Motor build in progress. looking for 9's

Kyle PW is injector pulse width.
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Corey, I assume your suggesting that is the mix I use?

Speed, Are you talking about the meth injectors? I was hopeing to drive it more today to really see how it feels under full throttle, but I didn't get a good chance to do it. I can tell when it is on though. More testing tomorrow.

I've installed and played with water/alcohol injection on my Skyline GT-R, and found that with alcohol (either ethanol or methanol), I had to remap the ECU. I ended up just using water and just during the summer to help with intercooling (it injects right after the intercooler), but it still seemed to throw off AFRs a bit.

I've seen that some of you guys are installing meth kits; are you reflashing the ECUs, or is it purely to help the intercoolers to further cool down the air intake charge (and thus "gain" power by keeping the engine from pulling (retarding) timing from detecting knock)?
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

For me it is the latter. I really just want a little cooler IAT's and a little more timing. My APR tune uses different settings I can choose on the fly, one being a 100 oct tune. The car will run on that tune without meth and on 92, but the ecu detects knock and dials back timing. I will be doing some logging to verify, but I am hoping to use 92 and meth and not give up timing. Cooler air is a bonus too.

I know some have gone the way of 100% meth but from what I've seen, they are useing custom tunes.

Kyle, PW is a parameter snow uses, boost and PW set up on controller to initiate spray. Pulse width of fuel injector.

Got it speed. Thanks for the clarification. Mine just uses a boost signal

I'm a huge advocate of water/meth on turbo cars, and having been running a number of different systems for years now. My current favorite is the Aquamist HFS-6. I'm still looking for my RS6, but in the meantime, this is the setup on my 2.7 A6 -

Quote Originally Posted by Pit Viper View Post
    I'm a huge advocate of water/meth on turbo cars, and having been running a number of different systems for years now. My current favorite is the Aquamist HFS-6. I'm still looking for my RS6, but in the meantime, this is the setup on my 2.7 A6 -
    Welcome!
    About time you came over from the dark side

Stand by for MaxRS6...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Hey, look who else is running their DV's backwards...
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth