Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bye bye DRC!

Bye bye DRC!

Got a call late Thursday that my rear shock and line had a leak while I'm on vacation in Clearwater! Ughhhh so I think it's time to say the DRC system has to go. I'm going with PSS9 I got a price of 2450.00 anyone have a better price?

This trip is costing me money everywhere!
    2004 Black/Black,EPL Tune *** 0-60 in 3.5 seconds SOLD :( - - 2002 TT Porsche 724WHP 10.43@139mph/ Motor build in progress. looking for 9's

Congrats on getting rid of the oil demon!
    210K miles rolled

Check eBay. I got mine for ~1800.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Didn't find any on eBay.

Here's the cheapest so far:

http://www.raceinspired.com/p-24553-...iliateid=10060
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Eurosport has them listed on sale for 1850.00 Wow!
    2004 Black/Black,EPL Tune *** 0-60 in 3.5 seconds SOLD :( - - 2002 TT Porsche 724WHP 10.43@139mph/ Motor build in progress. looking for 9's

Yeah, I would definitely check with them over the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by JSRS6 View Post
    Yeah, I would definitely check with them over the phone.
    First thing Monday hope I can get them in before I get home

eric @ supremepower in California...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Pallete, go to this page and fill out the contact at the bottom, the page says they answer emails in 2 hours or less,even after hours. Better yet, I'll do it right now, and let you know.

Too bad you aren't driving, you could pick the box up on your way back!

Too bad you aren't driving, you could pick the box up on your way back!
    I wanted to drive but never would have fit everything in the car. 4 luggages playpen and stroller! Then mine and mine sons stuff

are you going to just disconnect, or strip out the entire DRC system, lines and everything? I like to remove things from cars :P On Skylines, the hydraulic four-wheel steering system is usually removed. Most people just block it off, but I tore out the whole system, which had lines drive by the power steering pump all the way to the back of the car. Same with the blow off valve recirculation system - you can block it off, or tear out a whole lot of pipes and hoses.

Just wondering, as I know a fair number of people ditch the DRC for coilovers, but how many leave the system in? Or would the ECU throw a fault if the DRC isn't there?
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

DRC is purely mechanical. No electronics.

Some remove the whole system, most just replace the shocks/coils.
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement

Quote Originally Posted by PALETTE View Post
    I wanted to drive but never would have fit everything in the car. 4 luggages playpen and stroller! Then mine and mine sons stuff
    You'd be surprised, man. We were! Went down to florida a couple months ago with the RS6. Took me, my wife, and 2 1/2 month old daughter down. We had both of our luggages, her stroller, pack and play, cooler, box of snacks, a couple pillows AND room for a fourth...lol, just saying
    Quote Originally Posted by kismetcapitan View Post
    are you going to just disconnect, or strip out the entire DRC system, lines and everything? I like to remove things from cars :P On Skylines, the hydraulic four-wheel steering system is usually removed. Most people just block it off, but I tore out the whole system, which had lines drive by the power steering pump all the way to the back of the car. Same with the blow off valve recirculation system - you can block it off, or tear out a whole lot of pipes and hoses.

Just wondering, as I know a fair number of people ditch the DRC for coilovers, but how many leave the system in? Or would the ECU throw a fault if the DRC isn't there?
    Its a mixed bag, some remove all components, myself included. Some just cap off lines. the DRC doesn't have any sensors that tie in, completely mechanical system. You are maybe thinking of the C6...

Well, well Corey unless I missed an earlier thread, I am happy you came to your senses and didn't sell the beast!
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Quote Originally Posted by speedtrapped View Post
    Well, well Corey unless I missed an earlier thread, I am happy you came to your senses and didn't sell the beast!
    Yea I'm keeping it. I have to much into it and it's going to be built the way I like so I will hang on to it. Thanks for not banishing me lol

You'd be surprised, man. We were! Went down to florida a couple months ago with the RS6. Took me, my wife, and 2 1/2 month old daughter down. We had both of our luggages, her stroller, pack and play, cooler, box of snacks, a couple pillows AND room for a fourth...lol, just saying
    You haven't seen the wires shoe collection then lol