Thread: For those with Rotiform wheels

For those with Rotiform wheels

First off - I'm starting to seriously love the look of theses wheels. I LOVE the fact that the Rotiform MIA comes in a 19x10 and I love how they look on Elevens' & Brav's cars.The NUE and the BLQ only go as wide as 9.5 inch, which is fine with me. I'm VERY curious to see what a set of 19x9.5 NUE's and/or BLQ's would look like on an RS6. In black and in aluminum finish. Anyone else? My RS is Daytona Gray so I'm really torn as to get black wheels or the aluminum finish. I think the aluminum finish really helps the car pop with the mirror covers and the window trim but @ the same time, the black looks fantastic also! Not too much aluminum finish on the car to make the black wheels look out of place.

When I had Jason @ Black Forest test fit the 19x8.5 HRE 441's I bought on the car, they looked really small and I didn't really like it @ all. So I'll be selling them soon I think. The RS6 needs a fuller faced, wider wheel & def needs a drop in the rear in my opinion. These Rotiform wheels along with VMR and maybe a handful of others are the only one's that can really accentuate the look of the RS6. Again, just my opinion.

I tend to agree In a perfect world, I would have went with a full face (no dish) wheel, but the MIAs look nice. Mine were powder coated a textured black. I think the regular black they have doesn't look as good. Silver also looks great as Elevens has, for the reasons you mention.

BTW my 19x10s just BARELY fit without spacers. I do get some rubbing on the uprights, but never any that is heard. Just in cornering with some tire flex. I run 5M spacers normally, which has a nice aggressive fit just at our a hair outside the wheel arch. 9.5 wide should work just fine, if you push out another 2-3mm
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

Brav what's your opinion of the Rotiform NUE on the RS6? I think with the way the face of the wheel is it would either look amazing on the RS6 or terrible. haha..same with the BLQ. Needs the proper suspension drop to really make it fit visually. I googled Rotiform wheels on Audi and only came up with a new A4 wagon with the NUE and an S5. Same with the BLQ. They almost look like the old '79 Trans Am wheels to me. Haha. Unfortunately all the angles that I wanted to see weren't found so I can't really make a decision based on google images. haha. You're right about the MIA wheel, they look great on the RS6 in a 19".

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloRS6 View Post
    Brav what's your opinion of the Rotiform NUE on the RS6? I think with the way the face of the wheel is it would either look amazing on the RS6 or terrible. haha..same with the BLQ. Needs the proper suspension drop to really make it fit visually. I googled Rotiform wheels on Audi and only came up with a new A4 wagon with the NUE and an S5. Same with the BLQ. They almost look like the old '79 Trans Am wheels to me. Haha. Unfortunately all the angles that I wanted to see weren't found so I can't really make a decision based on google images. haha. You're right about the MIA wheel, they look great on the RS6 in a 19".

i feel that just about all cars on the planet need a slight to moderate drop in the suspension to look aggressive...here is my ride with stock rims (it is slightly lowered) and another pic of the rims i have comming 19x9.5 et 30 (if you not a fan of a dish you'll hate the rims but the size is the perfect fit..justClick image for larger version. 

Name:	new boots 1..jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	132.3 KB 
ID:	12341
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rs6 snow virgin..jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	12342
    2004 RS6
    APR, KW, REMUS

I think the NUE is a sweet retro look, for 90s Audi/VW. I like the simple full face style. Hard to say how it will look on the RS. The BLQ is busy, but racey which I like. If you were to drop it and go wide offset.. yea maybe it would work. I would say BLQ over NUE. I'm not hot on either for the RS, personally.

Too low, but..
    http://www.rotiform.com/blog/?cat=1

http://rotiform.com/media_customer_car_gallery.htm
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..

what's the scoop on Rotiform quality?

Generally pretty respected.

Quote Originally Posted by twinsteve View Post
    what's the scoop on Rotiform quality?
    Price a set lately? VERY high quality wheels....
    2003 Rs6 Mugello/Ebony Eurocharged/APR R1 DV's/RNS-E/KW-v3/Hotchkis/Full Milltek Cat-less/Apikol IC's/D.O. water-meth/ 6 speed SOLD!! Next???

Here's the finish I'd get on the NUE's. To be honest I don't think they're bad at all. Similar to the stock 19" 5 stars that came on the RS6 so I think they're gonna look great! They'll need to be a black finish though. In silver, I'll be honest, it almost looks like there's too much wheel. In black they'll look fantastic. Def getting 19x9.5" for sure, semi gloss/matte black finish. I wanna be able to get a wide tire on there. 275's on a 9.5 wide wheel? Prob need small spacers in the front @ least. 3mm? 5mm?

Crap. Just saw that the cast 1 piece Rotiform NUE's don't come in a 19x9.5. The BLQ cast 1 piece do come in 19x9.5 though. Only the forged monoblock NUE's come in 19x9.5, which probably means a considerable $$$ increase.

I changed the Color using PhotoShop to this DarK Grey Color with a Gloss, Semi-Gloss finish. I really like it and plan on having the wheels finished in that color If I can match it. The Darker color definitely gives the car a more aggressive look.......................

03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.