Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Billy Boat Exhaust Group Buy - Erik Approved!

Hybrid View

Billy Boat Exhaust Group Buy - Erik Approved!

I'm going to get a Billy Boat Exhaust (they make exhausts for APR) for my S6 so I figured I'd set up a group buy so others could pick one up for their RS6 or S6 as well and save some money.

Billy Boat Exhausts are full T-304 Stainless Steel and they make exhausts for most cars. More info. can be found at www.bbexhaust.com

About the RS6 Exhaust:

Billy Boat Performance Exhaust is the first manufacturer to offer a 100% T-304 stainless steel exhaust system for the Audi RS6. This high-performance system begins at the factory catalytic converter with 2.5" tubing and exits the center muffler with dual 3" tubing. The 3" tubing continues to fully-polished low-restriction mufflers that hang in the factory mounting location. This true-dual system finishes nicely with fully polished twin 3" double-wall tips.
    Installation is simplified with this completely bolt-on system. Absolutely no cutting, welding or modifications are needed for installation! This true-dual system is TIG welded and completely mandrel bent resulting in a precision fit and an even exhaust flow.

$1690 for the RS6

Free shipping in the Continental U.S. once we reach 5 orders

$90 off with free shipping in the Continental U.S. at 10 orders

$170 off with free shipping in the Continental U.S. at 15 orders

I'll keep it open for 2 weeks, see what we've got and then request payment via paypal. The lead time is 2-3 weeks if we get 10 orders, then up to 5 business days for shipping.

Please post up if you'd like to pick up an excellent exhaust!
    Last edited by Mr. Rictus; July 11th, 2011 at 19:55.

Forgot to mention, retail on this exhaust is $1,999.00. Starting price on this group buy is $1690!

B&B are quality stainless products but I think the concensus is that the the APR type of 4 pipe exits for the RS6 aren't the most attractive looking exhaust.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

+1 also not a fan of polished pipes and cans on the RS6. .02c

This would be a good time for Elevens to post a pic of his a$$ end. I mean the a$$ end of his RS6.

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    B&B are quality stainless products but I think the concensus is that the the APR type of 4 pipe exits for the RS6 aren't the most attractive looking exhaust.

Hmmm... I'll ask them about it now.
    What are the dimensions of the oval tip?
    Thanks for the feedback.

^^^^^ what he said
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Quote Originally Posted by speedtrapped View Post
    ^^^^^ what he said
    What I said?

I just want the dimensions of the exhaust tip so Billy Boat can put oval tips on the system instead of the dual tips.

I don't see how they can put a single large oval tip on the exhaust without completely redoing the design. People like what they have; not too many say they don't like the look of the twin tips on the S models. I actually like the look, and every time I see a stock SE exhaust I am glad I made the change, but then again I like the look of the titanium 5 spoke wheels and others prefer more bling. To each his own ;-). One thing to keep in mind is that the SE exhaust from the RS6 can be resold, as there definitely is a market for them, irrespective of which exhaust you install.
    This is a poor quality pic from my BlackBerry, but you get the idea....
    http://www.rs6.com/attachment.php?at...5&d=1303523422

I called them as soon as I saw the post in the thread about the oval tips and there is no redesign of the exhaust needed. They'll just weld a different part onto the muffler, as I was told.

I like the look of your car! The twin tips don't look that bad but if I can offer the option of single oval or twin tip, I will!

What he said was meant for mark. I have the milltek with the large black oval tips, looks great but honestly sound not much better the the SE option. Now, if BB sounds like eisenmann I would jump all over.
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Nice, NA? Turbos tend to mute

That is an NA car. I've found clips of S4s with the 4.2L V8 but no RS6s.

I should hear back from Billy Boat today about the Oval tip option.

They're still working on the exhaust tips.

Any other comments/questions?

Thanks for signing up, bmlee007.

Only 3 more for free shipping...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rictus View Post
    Thanks for signing up, bmlee007.

Only 3 more for free shipping...
    Of course I'm hoping for 15, but getting to free shipping would be great. And here, I bought it thinking, I'll drive it for a while before I start doing mods. Yep, that lasted all of 1000 miles.

Why take the chance on a BB oval tip? When we can just buy the Milltek tip or full cat back for the same money? If you like the twin tip then buy BB or MTM. If you want single then Milltek is excellent.

Watch this vid from 1:43....that sounds nothing like a stock SE exhaust. IMHO

So, can anyone post a picture or vid with sound of the BB exhaust installed on a C5 RS6?

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Why take the chance on a BB oval tip? When we can just buy the Milltek tip or full cat back for the same money? If you like the twin tip then buy BB or MTM. If you want single then Milltek is excellent.

Watch this vid from 1:43....that sounds nothing like a stock SE exhaust. IMHO