Thread: grinding noise in driver front end....

grinding noise in driver front end....

A new noise.... left the car while I've been traveling and drove her for the first time in a few weeks today.... now it seems to have picked up a sharp grinding noise on turning to the right....thinking maybe it's a worn pad ?? I'm close on wear I suspect but was told at oil service 2k ago that I was fine for a bit... I've got a fresh set of EBC's in-hand ready to go but figured it could be 4-6k away..... thoughts from the experts ??

TIA
    APR ECU|KW3's, H-sports & 034 Arms|Wagner& Venair|Labree DP's w/ Cat deletes|USP custom exhaust w/ Miltek tips|VMR's & 265 RE011's|SEAT Cupra fr. spoiler|Full black optic & mirrors|RSN-E|RS6+ pedals|Clear-cornered|smoked tails/sides|S6 door blades|9500i

Try to bed those pads- It may just be a clump of pad material. Just a wild guess and less than .03 worth.
    210K miles rolled

If its a grinding noise and only upon Turning, I would call a bad Outer CV joint. Rotor and pad issues would always be present and not only upon turning.............
    03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.

^^ Stick your head under there and eyeball your outer CV boots for tears. These cars chew through boots faster than a tennessee hound dog.

My apologies for the stilted hillbilly dog simile. Thought your badbeast was for sale? You keeping her?

Thanks ! I'll check 'er out tonight....

I'm going to be giving her a wash and fresh coat of wax and lot's of love tonight..... I am thinking I may keep her.... I drove up to Dallas a few weeks ago and was grinning the whole time as she just ate up road and sliced traffic..... made the trip in a bit over 3 hours and was grinning for 3 beers afterwards !

So IF I got a decent offer, perhaps.... but until then I'm going to drive her and smile..... as we all know there is NOTHING under 100k that can match the performance with 4 doors and the stealth factor....If I ever sell her I'll get a Landcruiser just I can't make a comparision !

Cheers ~

E
    APR ECU|KW3's, H-sports & 034 Arms|Wagner& Venair|Labree DP's w/ Cat deletes|USP custom exhaust w/ Miltek tips|VMR's & 265 RE011's|SEAT Cupra fr. spoiler|Full black optic & mirrors|RSN-E|RS6+ pedals|Clear-cornered|smoked tails/sides|S6 door blades|9500i